I have this weird feeling I can't shake

My digitakt finally arrived two days ago and had a chance to play with it a bit.
It’s very fun but I’m not sure why I’m still thinking about OT.
I mostly need sample mangling. I don’t care much about beats and I have zero need for midi as all other gear besides the A4 is sequenced in cubase.
I just need it to slave and let cubase run its course while I play with it in realtime using its built in sequencer.
On top of that I have the SE-02 on preorder. Again while it seems like it will be amazing I’m not sure if I just went GAS on it or do I need another analog.

On the other hand if I return the Digitakt and cancel my preorder for the 02 I can get the OT. 4 outs is enough as I have free inputs in my AU and would be used same way I use A4 with overbridge to process audio directly in Cubase.
All the demos I’m seeing the OT looks like a beast. Old but very nasty beast.
I’m not even sure what I’m asking here lol but damn this OT got me hypnotized or something.
Not to mention I can get back to the DT in sometime and at least I’ll get a stable unit as I already had few crashes which is really disappointing.

I guess I though DT sample time will be enough and so on.
Then I found a nice 90 second ambient loop I made long time ago and realized I didn’t think this through very well haha. Return period is 30 days so I have plenty of time.

Allow me to humbly suggest some of my own YouTube videos on the OT (watch the first one on a regular old computer as it has on-screen annotations explaining what I’m doing).

8 Likes

Take Taylor swifts advice and shake it off. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I won’t lie - the OT is pretty badass

3 Likes

I agree with @bradleyallen. You have already answered your question. The DT seems to give you not, what you need. If you can, give it back.

If you like the Elektron way and how their boxes should be used, the OT will be fantastic. Age of gear is not important. There are people out there proud to use an MPC 60 and they are absolutely right about it.

You might use the OT like you said, but I expect that you might find more use cases after getting into it. This machine has so many different options to be put to work, it’s incredible :wink:

1 Like

Cheers lads.
DT is on its way back and OT shipping today :slight_smile:
4 day weekend ahead and that makes me haaaapy :wink:

5 Likes

I’m proud of you… :sweat_smile:
:elot:

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to :smiley:
Besides. I got it brand new for $1074
Sweet discount

Who did you get this deal from? Great price…

Sweetwater.
They shaved $50 of the price and I had a gift card that they were selling for fathers day which had the 10% promo (10% was added automatically to the amount you purchased).
Had to add $14 to it and that’s what It came down to.
Very happy.

I had the same feeling after I got my DT but remembered the OT doesn’t have conditional trigs and the mutes kill everything (because the OT uses inserts not sends) - those are reasons why I traded my OT last year (after owning it for several years).

The AR and A4 pretty much spoiled the mute / trig thing for me. Also, I always wanted mutes per pattern on the OT but that never came to fruition. But I’m still interested in the box. Too bad it’s so expensive.

Hmmm… OT will be shipped back too in the next 30 days??

LOL
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/octatrack-mk-ii-listed-at-juno/41245

Wow we are totally the opposite as I was thinking of selling my OT and other Elektrons for a Digitakt!! I still kind of want one though!

I didn’t rule the DT out.
Once the bugs are fixed and it is widely considered as stable with overbridge running flawlessly then I have a feeling I will buy it again but pretty much only for drum stuff.
It’s buggy as hell now.

1 Like

The GAS is strong with this one…

No kiddin’
I was restraining myself for years and this is the time to update key pices :smiley:
I really want a virus though. Lil spensive at this point.

Just to update for those that have muddy minds like I do lol.
With the prices of the OT and A4 dropping in some stores here in US I managed to renegotiate the terms and at this point I am delighted with the brand new MK1s no matter what other MK2s bring to the table. Total savings on both ended up in the $700 territory.
Buyers market till supplies last.

Now I need Elektron to deliver 8 voice wavetable monster so my Virus GAS can go away :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like