I have a confession (genre rant)

…x …x …
… X… X
X X X X

Play this at my funeral.

2 Likes

I find this thread weirdly relevant.

I have never really been a fan of techno, but I found myself watching a tutorial on how you make rumble and I’m currently making my first techno track for the LOLZ.

2 Likes

Is there something we need to know?

Too late, the Matrix has you now.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Then I would also know that everything I know is a lie, which would make that a lie as well. Does that mean that everything I know would then become true? :thinking:

3 Likes

4 Likes

My god I love you guys…erm… you folks.

1 Like

I relate to all of this so much.
I guess I need to just dive in and see if I can Techno.

Can’t believe it’s come to this :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My dude. We need to hang.

1 Like

Totally.
I just got done with a freelance project I’ve been working on for months.
Currently pulling loose end back together that I have neglected.
So yes indeed.

We could make a Techno collab :metal:

2 Likes

This is life.

2 Likes

Sometimes I push back on my Techno desires.
My mind says, what the hell do you think you can bring to a genera so seasoned, especially as a newbie who doesn’t even listen to the stuff.
My mind also says that may be and edge, being new and uninformed.

3 Likes

Exactly! Great minds.

This comes off as conceded and I don’t care.

#smuglyfe

1 Like

It seems like endless immediate fun, and I want in on that

1 Like

You don’t need to bring new, you just need to bring fresh.

2 Likes

That pretty much what I was going for.
Vocalizing it is definitely starting to manifest actually diving in

2 Likes

Techno collab for people who don’t want to make exclusively techno heyoooooo.

Maybe more atonal stuff that overlaps industrial and dark ambient but…

2 Likes

That’s what she said

1 Like

What the hell is this thread?

Fine, I’ll take up some of that weird energy and contribute.

@Funk_Illuminati, we like a lot of the same stuff, but I’ve long been into house. Like, deep. It has a strong soul, but it’s a different thing. I dislike techno because if you search the youtubes for any elektron box (or just about any other box too) you get a dawless techno jam. Or ambient. I mean, remember when Ivar Tryti flipped the script?

Mfer didn’t even have song mode.

Ok, I don’t really dislike techno or ambient, but I’m just like… unsubscribe? Please? (I refuse to hate on dawless because fuck a mouse.) I feel like techno used to be a lot better like 20 years ago though. And the only ambient I really listen to on purpose is selected ambient works volume 2.

I can’t usually stand producing stuff like house, but once in a blue moon I’ll start a house track. Probably won’t finish it. It’s never a serious thing, just a lark. I usually get bored before I can figure out where the art is supposed to go. Meanwhile I can listen to a good 1 bar house loop for up to seven minutes with little variation and be like “this is my jam.”

I’m a big believer in doing anything you can find the art in. For me it’s usually getting drum layering just right, or piano phrases. Or that moment when I figure out where I want to put those chords that used to be sitting on the 1. I wish I could find it in house, because I would really like a house album I can call my own. I mean I can hear it when I hear it, but when producing it’s like robot business most of the time.

1 Like

Robots need music too

2 Likes