I got my Machinedrum back baby!

I sold my mki in 2009 for $800 and have tried almost every Elektron item since. But (for my personal taste) the AR and Syntakt didn’t fill the void - as much as I wanted them to. Now, almost 15yrs later I got a new mkii (non-uw) in the studio (for $1300 - an OK deal I guess) and I dived back in without a hitch… the sound design on it is like nothing else. I’ve already made 3 dark experimental tracks on it. So happy!

20 Likes

get that new firmware up and running if you haven’t, it expands the capabilities a ton!

1 Like

It has x.04 installed. Worth the upgrade to x.08? I’m sort of afraid of bricking it :flushed:

Id say so! the NFX machines are an awesome addition, just follow the steps carefully and dont cut the power during the process and it will be fine.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, what?! Compression?! Side chaining! Yep gonna update.

the comb filter one is especially powerful, it takes some time to figure it out but it can add a ton of new sound possibilities (flanger, phaser, karplus strong, etc)

1 Like

Congrats! Perhaps my most productive machine even though I try to tell myself it’s the Octatrack.

1 Like

jealeous!!!

It won’t brick it any more than X.04 is

1 Like

Weird, I had such a similar story just this week and share your feelings!

I sold my MD 10 years ago and regretted it so many times. Last week one came up locally for a super competitive price and I snatched it. I’m so happy to have!!!

I did the latest upgrade, no problems. Not that I need the features TBH, OG is plenty.

2 Likes

Congrats! It’s good to be back!

Ooh, I wanna join the club! A few years ago, I sold my beloved MDUW+ MkII to help fund the purchase of a Model 10. I didn’t regret it, but I did miss that MD. Just last week, I took delivery of @hyperstationjr’s lovely MDUW+ MkII and am thrilled to the gills to have the MD back in my life.

6 Likes

Now I’m thinking to sell like 5 synths and get a monomachine too :scream:

5 Likes

welcome to the club :wink:
i did pretty much the same : sold my mono in 2008 and md in 2011 but I could never find something to replace them.
Got the MD back in 2018 and MnM in 2019. Glad i did it before before the hype, prices were pretty low back then.
I will never sell them again, they are the core of my setup and the most inspiring and direct machines i’ve ever had :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Im lucky enough to didn’t have to sell mine. So I have a Red UWmkII (bought new in 2009 as my first ever Elektron) later upgraded to +Drive and then a MnM mkII +Drive which I bought for €650 in 2012 maybe…
So lucky

1 Like