Hydrasynth from ASM

Minimum Advertised Price.

Meaning this is the least amount on a price that can be listed openly. Retailers can still sell it for less, if you ask them. Or they can add freebee bundles to the deal and advertise at the same price.

3 Likes

Nevermind; it means " minimum advertised pricing"

Edit: damn @Jukka beat me to it lol

1 Like

I’m very excited for this one ! Do we know what differs between the keyboard and rack version ?

1 Like

Read my post #50.

2 Likes

Oops, sorry !

1 Like

It’s a good question. It’s great that the two versions are so similar. And with the price so significantly different it really opens this up with a lower cost entry point.

Another thing that i’m interested in too, though it’s a 5% peripheral sort of thing and no deal breaker, is using either of these as a MIDI controller. This has been mentioned in passing in a couple videos already.

The ribbon controller, and the poly-aftertouch and the whole user-interface layout in general and the macros which apparently output MIDI as well as the CV interface should make this killer as a controller.
But in a lot of ways who cares – it’s like the Waldorf Quantum which is a $4000 super synth, that Waldorf made into a maxed out MIDI controller as well.

1 Like

Oh. But I like the teasers

Despite the fact that they 90% end in disappointment (the exception being the Digitone(which oddly had minimal official hype))

But it’s always a fun guessing game.

I wonder how much Troberg had to do with those videos?

I asked elsewhere, where it was not appropriate to ask, Does anyone else see resemblence to Elektron products with the Hydrasynth? I do, a little.

(Daniel Troberg of course formerly of Elektron.)

ADDED: Also noted is that this is EXACTLY the same price as the Digitone Keys. $1299. Coincidence?

I’ve no horse in these poly-synth races, but

Digital is the new Analog

come on, no ad campaign could be more ridiculous than that tagline ! i.e. anything is the new anything else is just marketing bs for the gullible

Synth looks kinda interesting that being said, still not for me

3 Likes

Everything is the New Everything is the new Everything is Everything

6 Likes

Troberg should call Hector to make promo videos!

That just a reactionist’s tag line to today’s analog hype.

1 Like

hype is for people who don’t know their own minds - that’s all

8 Likes

It really seems to be an amazingly feature rich synth and I’m very interested too. So many sound shaping options and sounds great! I have long been wanting a good wavetable synth that can replace the Virus TI and this Hydra seems to be it. Going for the desktop version which I can take with me and it’s cool they made pads so it can be played without a keyboard. I need to find a dealer in Europe too.

3 Likes

Virus line is still irreplaceable imo. It has its own unique sound that I love. Its multitimbrality is such a good thing too.

I definitely think this is a good alternative for similar sounds though.

3 Likes

It’s kind of crass for a manufacturer to even pick a side in such a silly debate.

2 Likes

Not much I’d bet… Or the Model:Samples thing…

It may be the same price as the Digitone Keys, but without a nice sequencer built in… Nah.
I’d be all over the Digitone Keys if it wasn’t SO … ‘unique’

This could’ve been the Elektron Digital Powerhouse synth we’ve all dreamed about.
Imagine the synth engine of this tied to the Elektron sequencer.

But no… We got Model:Samples Thing.

2 Likes

But advertisers know their own minds; they what to sell as many units they can.

Well i’ve been doing my best imagining sequencers tied to it like @GovernorSilver has. All sorts of possibilities that way, i suppose MIDI from something Elektron (Digitakt?) is possible. More likely Ableton though or something generative through M4L perhaps.

Not sure yet.

I can see playing it too.

I’ll be sequencing it with Octatrack I think. Lot’s of CC sequencing it that way too. Also possible with DN. Playing it manually yes - good idea :grin:

1 Like