Hydrasynth from ASM

The Explorer presets are the v2? They certainly included a lot of the ones I’d had to download from the asm website into the DT.

What I did was save the presets I liked into the fairly unpopulated ‘sequence’ category as a way of sorting the cool kids from the meh ones.

2 Likes

They were on the legacy set when I got mine.

I found the solution to this though I actually did mention it at the time. The problem is caused by Transport being on. When stopping an Elektron box Hydra’s tempo will jump to 0 and that’s changing the delays too. Now I have turned off transport on Digitone since it’s sequencing the Hydra and still have transport on on OT. Before I had thru on DN to send clock and transport to Hydra i.e. OT’s transport. The previous setting also resulted in Hydra’s LFOs stopping when OT was stopped. Now they’re running continuously.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem a normal behavior.
Elektron send clock even stopped.

1 Like

Right and it doesn’t happen when sync’ing two Elektron boxes together or with my EssenceFM so I guess it’s a bug. But it solves the problem. It is Transport specifically that is causing this and not clock.

There is something hinky about the HS midi but beyond my skills to know wtf it is. Bit like the toraiz as-1.

I had very weird glitches with arp synced to Syntakt’s clock.

Yeah there’s that arp clock lock on/off setting which sometimes improves things. Until it doesn’t. One thing that seems to happen is that when you press ‘stop’ on your clock source (lxr-02 in my case) the internal arp bpm defaults to 120 (or maybe what you’ve set it to). Trying to daisy chain midi clock from lxr to Desktop to Explorer was a disaster, and that it seemed less worse when both HS’s were set to Midi Auto rather than Midi DIN was a bit weird. Ended up having to get out the midi splitter box.

Using the step lfo’s for arp duty brings other consequences but seems (fingers crossed) less problematic.

1 Like

@Soarer @sezare56 @svenkarma

What do you have your Clock Sync set to on the HS? I think it’s on Sys Setup page 4
I was having some odd delays spiraling out of control things at one point way back, and switching to Midi In solved the issue (with rare bug-outs that I couldn’t replicate).

I have switched to sequencing HS from Hapax and I have had zero issues at all, so I wonder if there isn’t something in the Elektron>HS handshake that isn’t jiving 100%

1 Like

“Midi In”. Have to make some further tests and record them, because I’m pretty sure I had some glitches even with internal sync (arp on, patch from init patch).

Midi in yes

Mine is still set to auto. Because when I stop the drum machine the arp tempo defaults to what you’ve saved it as rather than Ext 0.0

If you have transport stop/start causing delay variation, one good workaround is to save the patch with the tempo of your song (if you have several songs using the same patch, you can save one/ per song). So when transport is happening the tempo won’t jump to a different tempo and the delays won’t jump either.

1 Like

No beat sync in that case.

What do you mean?

Arp > ClkLock On
Allows playing arp quantized to midi clock synced sequencer beat.

This locks the arpeggiator phase to the system clock so it will sync to other clocked elements such as an LFO with BPM Sync set to On.

Hydrasphere is a collection of 50 cinematic ambient patches for the ASM Hydrasynth. I created these patches for my own music over the course of two years. Since I was often asked to share these sounds, I have now revised them again and are now making them available to you with this HydraSphere Pack.

The main focus of these patches is on dynamic playability using the Hydrasynth’s polyphonic aftertouch. The way you interact with these sounds has a huge impact and brings them to life. If I have created macros, these are an essential part of the sounds … I didn’t just put any parameters on the macros just to fill the existing slots … everyone can find the cutoff :slight_smile: … some sounds have no macros at all and are still very versatile.

What I have often done with these sounds is to use them as a basis for granular patches… I can only recommend trying this out.

Hope you enjoy …

you can get Hydrasphere here: HydraSphere ... ASM Hydrasynth Sound Pack
or on my Pateron: https://www.patreon.com/substan

10 Likes

i dont understand this ,8 voice in 2022 year where cellphones use 3-4 nm chips ??
8 friggin voices ??? with 32/64 bit dsp/fpga chips ,that can run 2000 of them easy
with a ton of osc/env/filters , that will make vital/phase plant synth for 10year old

why dont hire some real programmers and make hw synth with modern specs ???
one cirus 64bit audio dsp cost on 1k under 300$ , fpga chips from 25$ ,memory modules 5-10$ per gigabyte, box pots keys under 400$ lookin midi keyboard prices ,
so add 500$ per synth and u have synth that will eat every other in 2k price with fat overhead

why go back in past and make this 1980 synth to not be analog ?? just wow

1 Like

You’re not buying the chip, you’re buying the synth. They make that synth from the cheapest materials available. This is why every piece of gear you have barely has enough compute, ram and storage to get the job done, and usually has flickery displays. They picked a price point, a product type, and then proceeded to make the manufacturing cost as small as possible. That means buying the 10¢/unit chips instead of the 12¢/unit ones. You’d happily pay the difference, but the price point is part of the design: it has to be 1333.99, not 1334.01.

Anyway, you’re right, it’s sucks. (But you’re wrong about the programmers. They’re usually as real as it gets.)

4 Likes

Less is more.

1 Like