How to use OT in production of tracks with just 4 outs?

I’ve been messing with it, slightly fiddly remembering which track contains which trigs and fx etc, but that’s mitigated by the sonic annihilation power afforded by quad fx. I’ve gone back to using all 8 tracks most of the time, but I’ve learned to be more trigger happy in setting up neighbour tracks.

Hi! Do you do this using midi? I am curious how you do it.

Nah, no sync, no midi. Just record audio from the main bus and mix/arrange in the computer.

I watched that video. It seems the OT has a pretty solid internal clock. He doesn’t even stop recording.

Thanks so much for replying to this old thread! When you say main bus, do you just do stereo out or send 4 tracks out via studio mode?

I was recording the main outs clean, and then the alt outs were sent to a couple of pedal chains before hitting the soundcard. Synths, mic and guitar on the inputs. Really enjoyed using the OT as a routing hub and FX box.

I don’t actually have one anymore but plan on getting another MK2 as soon as my life settles down a bit - it’s a Swiss army knife that enhances any setup, and once you’ve put in the work to learn it it makes sense to keep one around.

2 Likes