How to uninstall overbrige manually?

Windows 7 “remove programs” doesn’t work for me with overbridge, and neither does trying to install a newer version of OB over it. Which register posts etc do I need to remove to make a completely fresh start? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

On mac there is an uninstall program included in the original overbridge .dmg download.

No such included in my windows download unfortunately… and the manual says unsinstall through win add/remove program utility, but what to do when it’s impossible?

1 Like

I’ve had this problem with other programs etc…
try look in your start menu down bottom left see if anything is in there.
Or you might just have to go into program files and delete everything you find

list of all overbridge files and directories > on windows 10 ?

uninstall reinstall broke…

#rollingback during install win 10

#howtoremove overbridge beta

has anyone found the solution to this? i’m having similar problems.

bump for windows 10… i don’t have the 64bit 2.0.37.3 installer anymore and it will not uninstall without it… Anyone have a workaround or a copy of that installer? Thanks

And they say PCs are so much more flexible :sweat_smile:

Yeah, that’s a dumb error… I did find the old installer on a backup and got things working. It would be nice if elektron kept old versions available on their site

BTW I use Macs at work for video and audio production and windows at home for the same and the PC gives me 1/5 of the problems the Mac does… Just my experience

Try right-clicking on the “.exe” file for the program, and see if the option to uninstall comes. I just performed this task to uninstall an old version of the Transfer program on a Windows 10 computer.

I had the same issue for a long time. I just fixed it with the “regedit.exe”. Just open it and search for “overbridge”. Delete every item that has the word “overbridge” in it (or at least most of the items…). But be sure not to delete other items!!! I’m not a professional but this did it for me. Hope this helps…
best regards
EDIT: I’m sorry…this doesn’t help… I have the same issue again. Overbridge wont connect to the Digitakt and I cant uninstall it… this really bothers me. How long is it now? Two years? Still doesnt work!? god damn…

confirmed , used regedit deleted about the first 50 items, using find next F3, with overbridge in name find,
then tried reinstall with new verision, seems to have worked so far.

Maybe elektron can make a universal uninstaller. separate from the installer, right click on the new installer uninstal did not work . btw.

update , the whole thing broke next update, now it just wont install at all . deleted every trace of overbridge, the installer fails knowing somewhere there is a remaining part of ob … avoid touching the reg , its not worked , try to dl the old installer and remove. but nothing working for us here.

Iobit uninstaller should work, I think that’s what I used last time I uninstalled & reinstalled. There’s also an option to remove residual files which can be handy for troubleshooting. It’s got a little advertising for their other programs in it, but it’s never bothered me

I’m on Windows 10 (2004 rev) and I couldn’t find anything in the Programs and Features regarding Overbridge.

However running the 2.039 version of Overbridge installer there was an option to Remove and that worked for me to get rid of Overbridge.

If you can’t remove because OBridge is looking for files on another path…

The crew at Elektron just answer my question about this issue.

I use this tool for Microsoft
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

Then can install a fresh updated version.
thanks