How to sequence Moog Sub 37 via AK/AF CV/Gate outs?

Hi, my issue is not about the Sub but about the Minitaur and i think is related and same in here i cannot control Mini via CV pitch as well. Gate works normaly, but the pitch does not change minitaur at all, i tried to press YES and change the voltage in the menu, but tone from Mini remain same. Already sent the question to Elektron. I am hopping it is just SW issue and not something wrong with the HW.

Here are the stats :

User Error : 35%
Wrong Cable : 50%
Cable wrong way round : 15%
SW issue : 0%

All the discussions for all the CV synths are equally useful here and every permutation has been discussed - do a little search, then be methodical with the wisdom acquired

Is the cable really a splitter ?
Are the Tip / Ring going where you think ?
Are the settings for Gate and Pitch roughly as per the discussions ?
Have you opted for a Hz/V when you wanted V/Oct (also S-trig/V-Trig) ?

I am not sure if cv p in depnds on keyboard tracking settings, else you also need to check if cv p in is mapped to something else instead of pitch

Hi, thank you for your response, so i can list what i already went through :slight_smile:

• cables are mono jack - it is mk2 version
  • same cable which works to trigger GATE was used for pitch, i tried to swap them to be sure that there is not the fault, GATE always works, neither Pitch
  • tried all settings what i found here even according to Moog manual (they recommend C1 to be 1V, C4 4V), but i tried the 0,355V and 2.446V from other users here…but the main issue is that when i try to change the voltage the tone remain same, it does not response to V change at all. the keyboard on AF4 plays same note on every trigger even the voltages are set like Note 1 - C1 - 1V, Note 2 - C4 - 4V, the keyboard plays still the same note on every key…
  • tried both Hz/V and V/Oct but Moog should be V/OCt anyway

…but to be completely honest with you, i did not have straight mono jack cable available so i am using mono jack-)XLR female-)male XLR -) mono jack, so according to your list of the main issues i will try to buy just plain mono jack on both sides. It confuses me that this works for gate trigger, but maybe maybe :wink:
This list is pretty obvious :slight_smile:
User Error : 35%
Wrong Cable : 50%
Cable wrong way round : 15%
SW issue : 0%

Did you watch this tutorial ? He explains it in detail:

2 Likes

Yes, i have seen this, but i have mk2 version, so separate CV outputs + i want to use signal back comming into FX track to save the normal track. But i am doing same steps but Minitaur just don´t change pitch when i am changing Voltage on AF4 mk2. :confused:

I think that XLR cable is causing you to lose your signal (maybe it’s put on ring instead of tip and then lost).
If you have a voltmeter you can see if the signal is making it out to the end easily…

2 Likes

Be aware that the newer moog synths only respond to positive voltages over CV, and that they add the cv to the last received MIDI note. If you send a negative voltage, OR the combined note value of the last received midi note + CV exceeds the high note threshold on the minitaur you will not hear a change in pitch, while everything is connected properly…

Ergo: play the lowest C thru MIDI to the minitaur before you send CV to it, and make sure you are playing an octave on A4 that sends out a positive voltage.

1 Like

Thank you, i am aware of this, i did it, i played the note via USB from Logic and after this the octave changed on AF4 via CV, but still AF cannot transpose it. Anyway thank you all, i had response from Olle, so i will send him the video of the issue and he will advice me more i believe. Anyway it looks like i am only focusing on this, but what i want to point out the AF4 mk2 + Minitaur is KILLER combo :slight_smile: instant techno for life :wink: Apart this CV struggle i am more than happy with the instrument!

Hi, just want to give a tip maybe for others as we finaly make the CV output of AF4 mk2 controling Minitaur CV in, the settings which worked for me was CVA ( of course if you choose A+B outputs) - GATE V-trig 5.0V and CVB - Pitch V/oct Note1 C 1 - 0.000 V, Note 2 C5 4.000 V, after that press first C3 on AF keyboard. After that everything works flawlessly at least for me.