How to send MIDI notes from a DAW to Syntakt to trigger different tracks

Hi All,
I’m new to Elektron devices so I guess this question is trivial, btw…
I just got a Syntakt unit and I’ve connected it to BitWig through OverBridge. I do receive the audio from all 12 tracks, no problem here.
What I would like to do is to drive Syntakt using the MIDI notes in BitWig. As example, in BitWig I have a MIDI track with bass drum, snare, hats, etc… (e.g. base drum is C2, snare is D2, etc…). When I run this MIDI, what I get is that all the notes are interpreted by Syntakt as bass drums, i.e. Syntakt interprets the different notes as a chromatic scale of the bass drum instead of different MIDI triggers for different tracks.
What is the best way to have separate MIDI notes trigger different tracks in Syntakt?
I looked into the manual and on online resources but no luck.
Thanks, Luca

You need to have the different instruments on different midi channels.

Thank you. It works, but I was hoping to have one single MIDI track in the DAW to control all tracks within Syntakt by sending MIDI note triggers.

Possible. Use notes 0-11 on any track channel (or Auto Channel).

3 Likes

I managed to send midi to syntakt. In order to get the notes to record into the sequencer on the syntakt I had to initiate live recording on the Syntact and then initiate the recordING within bitwig. Seems there should be a more straight forward way to achieve this.