How to make program change to work in Cycles correctly?

Octatrack MKll is master clock, Analog Rytm MKll and Model Cycles are slave. When you change pattern in Octatrack, Analog Rytm changes pattern too at the same time, but Cycles is waiting for the steps mentioned in menu “funk+page”(line “chg”). If chg is off, pattern is not switched at all. If chg is 64, pattern changes after 64 steps - for example.

Why does it work incorrectly? There is no sense in Program change if it works like that.

Help me to solve this problem. I did not find anything about this in manual.

Octatrack --> prog ch send ch 16 --> midi thru box
midi thru box ch 1 --> Analog Rytm (prog chg in ch 16)
midi thru box ch 2 --> Model Cycles (PCH in 16)

just tried without midi thru box. Through thru out Analog Rytm. The result is the same
Even directly from Octatrack to the Cycles there is no synchronous switching of patterns

3 Likes

Did you ever manage to solve this problem? I’ve just started to use my Model:Cycles in conjunction with my A4 and AR and I can’t get the pattern change to work.

Please contact Elektron support by dropping a ticket.

Hey. The problem remained, as far as I know new firmware has not yet been released. I made a request to the support and here is the answer:

This issue is currently being investigated and we’ll know more soon. I’m able to reproduce the issue and am in contact with our developers. You’re correct that the issue appears when a pattern on Model:Cycles is set to per track mode. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes