How to get rid of all effects on a track

Relative new guy on my Octatrack MK II. So I am working on a piece and for example on track 1, I load another sample but it is being modified by the previous effects settings, I think. So I go through everything that I know of and try to zero out any modifiers. Sound is still modified. Is there a way to clear the effects so that I am only hearing the unmodified sample? Conversely, if I can clear the effects, it would narrow the search for why the sound is goofed up. thanks

Hold down fx page press stop/clear.
Or.
Double tap fx page scroll to top select none.

7 Likes

Great, thanks!

…but why do u wanna do this…???
in default, they’re not affecting anything, anyways…in first place, all u hear stays dry…

That’s not true. The default settings of, for example, the filter are not completely neutral.

6 Likes

Probaply only the send effects are completely neutral. Filter and lofi especially can colour the sound, but with simple sample playback it’s not really noticable. If you’re doing feedback recordings, recording multiple passes through fx, it can become obvious.
Ofc this degradation of sound could also be used for sounddesign. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Filter and Lofi are noticeable on certain sounds, like a sine wave at 0db. Played with VOL = 0 (-12db), not really noticeable, but with VOL = 27 or above you can hear distortion with Lofi, and a different sound beginning with Filter.

If you play any sample with the same sample with inverted phase, there is no more sound. With Filter or Lofi, you can hear something.

1 Like

Ah, good to know! I never did any tests there, but I just get rid of any fx I don’t use on my OT anyway.

Makes sense that there’s some phase smearing going on, I guess.

The Octa filter is such a lovely sounding digital filter, though. :upside_down_face: :elot: :blush:

3 Likes

…oops…u never know it all… :wink:

1 Like

I tend to think sezare56 does though :wink:

1 Like

I hope not! Would be boring. I want to learn / try new tricks! And I can forget things!

1 Like

That’s the spirit! :upside_down_face:

Ok, then let’s reformulate what @Blasted_pingin said:

@sezare56 has already forgotten more about the OT than some others might have learned. :rofl:

5 Likes

I don’t remember what I forgot…:thinking:

1 Like

Lucky you, i don’t remember what I learned… :smirk: