How to force Analog Rytm mk2 to work stable in the desktop production (ableton/overbridge)

Hi there!

I have recently got Analog Rytm mk2. I used to have almost all modern elektron devices except monomachine and machindrums. The Rytm so far is my favourite. What a huuuge bummer for me It turned out to be almost impossible to use it in hybrid production.

I want to use the rhythm as a sound module without it’s sequencer. I connect each of the 12 (8) into separate midi tracks in the Ableton via overbridge and bind the sounds separately through an external instrument track by track. The audio is coming out normally. Everything works, BUT.

This construct is extremely unstable. First of all, the audio of the drums constantly drops out, while the playhead continues to read the sequencing. The sound comes back if you reassign the audio interface to swap audio settings back and forth. In addition, latency behaviour is very strange. That is, it is either practically zero or within 40 milliseconds.

What am I doing wrong? It’s very frustrating, in standalone setup AR works just fine. Example: https://youtu.be/eCD2KQC5T6U?si=GumvB-VktV3T6hgm

Any tips please :pray:t3:

Hi @Zigangear, welcome to the forum. What computer system / specs are you using? Knowing this will help troubleshoot things for everyone here. This sounds like an issue with your computer and less the AR. I have an AR mk1 and I’ve used it with Ableton Live 11 on MBP M1 with no issues. Provide a bit more details if you can and hopefully some people here can help troubleshoot!

Oh thanks, indeed, I have a Macbook Pro M1 Max Sonoma 14.3.1, audio interface I’ve tested – Motu Ultralite Mk5 and Audient Evo8—absolutely the same response. I was already thinking that maybe Motu is not doing it right, it’s a bit glitchy in general. But Audient also works in this combination with Analog Rtm.

So, I wonder if the problem is because you are using Overbridge at the same time as using an External Instrument plugin that is sending MIDI to the AR. Do you have clock / sync turned off in the Overbridge plugin? What are your MIDI settings inside of Ableton in regards to the AR? I would make sure all of those MIDI settings are turned off inside of preferences.

Aha, well, my settings look precisely like that

and OB has no sync

and latency on tracks - 39ms

It’s worth turning off?

Yeah, I’d try turning both of those off and see if it makes a difference. You don’t want to send Sync if you aren’t using the AR sequencer.

1 Like

umhh, plays for a while, it still goes silent. Only reassigning the audio interface helps to restore the sound. Ableton settings switched off Midi sync