How to Digitone's ARP output as a MIDI?

Or Elektron could just fix their synth so I can happily go about my noise making :slight_smile: … i just really dont understand why this thing has gone without an update for so long, like it is their flagship FM poly synth… makes 0 sense why they are ignoring us

Well, it already is very fully featured and already had a number of features that were added to the DT in the latest update like audio input and FX processing. It does need an update though, there is a bug that keeps the mod wheel & sustain pedal both being used, it is one or the other at the moment, and yes it would be good to have arp over MIDI. Just have faith, an update is coming and everything is taking a little longer these days for every industry. Just because you can’t see the work they are doing, doesn’t mean they are ignoring you. How does this fallacy continue to exist, surely you know better than this.

1 Like

You are right, we dont see the work they do behind the scenes and the synth is incredible, I just don’t find myself reaching for it as much as I would if these main bugs weren’t there. My biggest issue honestly is the Overbridge … it makes the whole synth unusable after about 2 or three knob tweaks and it just begins to lag to the point where I cant even play it. (There is another thread on here about it) The midi arp is just another thing I would love to see on this synth… I have faith in elektron… i own tons of their gear and I know the pandemic has probably made things even tougher… guess im just impatient lol

1 Like

Just popping in to join the chorus of voices that want Elektron to give us Arp Midi Out on the DN.

8 Likes

Also, please bring sampling and analog synthesis to the Digitone. But I am a reasonable person and I am willing to negotiate, so we will settle for Arp Midi Out.

3 Likes

Hey! Not really a setup everyone can do i know but just wanted to share the lengths us lowly DN owners go to in order to have a midi arp. So my setup is Keystep>DN>Eurorack via MIDI. I have an mmMIDI clocking my Pamala’s new workout. Then i have a gate going from my Pam’s to the sync in on my Keystep. So is the master and i can do some really funky things with the arp since it’s being clocked by the gates coming from the Pams. Doesn’t have the same functionality of the DN arp i know (no off set ect.) but the arp on the keystep is pretty good plus if you live record the notes are individually sequenced on the MIDI track so you can do some funky things with it afterwards.

1 Like

Also elektron just give us a midi arp on the DN already jfc

4 Likes

I support this message we need ARP Midi out on the Digitone. Thanks in advance for listening to us. LOL

7 Likes

Firmware 1.3.2 released today. No midi-arp :frowning:

1 Like

sad FM noises

5 Likes

I have a lot of gear that arps…i think I “want” more arp outs…and I really like plocking arp speed with the octatrack…so I can do chiptuney intricacy…but programing that is easiest in my daw and I feel leads to better, longer more complex compositions…I have a hub that does midi merge so I can freebase my midi bag…so I want DN midi arp out…but I can run it through an ableton midi channel and add countless ARP vatiations.

So yeah midi USB out of DN to ableton midi channel with Arp to DN USB in …midi out to your gear. Done

Bought Digitone Keys on day 1. It was advertised as being the center of your gear, with its MIDI tracks. I believed I could connect my mono synths, using the ARP of the Digitone, but no luck.

This feature was so much requested, and still Elektron prioritizes other, minor things higher. I don’t get it. I’m waiting now 4 years for it. My Digitone doesn’t get much use because of it. Holding back on Syntakt purchase for now.

9 Likes

I could not agree more @grubi
I’ve had my DT Keys now for 3 weeks, and much to my surprise no ARP on midi tracks or as a keyboard controller for external gear. Makes no sense, it’s 2022.

At this rate, will have to sell the unit & revert to something like the FM2 & Squarp Pyramid

Elektron, I hope you’re listening.

1 Like

Are arps still relevant in 2022?

1 Like

Hi @Octagonist
I think they are. :blush: ARP’s can produce wonderful results, especially when coupled with the power of the Elektron Step Sequencer & LFO.

Many manufacturers still have ARP’s or Step Sequencers in their hardware, including Elektron. Just wish they exposed the ARP on the DT’s midi tracks & key board in controller mode for the DT Keys.

The DT has a lovely ARP, and the DT Keys whilst limited with the ARP “issue”, is otherwise an excellent controller & FM synthesizer.

2 Likes

I see what you did there.

1 Like

I think they’ve lost their focus as a tool.

1 Like

Does anybody know if the feature-request@elektron.se email is still working? I can’t find it on their updated website… I sent a request for DN midi arps a few months ago but haven’t heard back.

I’m not sure if they reply to feature requests. I mean… what are they gonna say? 1000s of people asking about stuff, but they can’t reveal their development roadmap; they can’t make promises to customers in case they find out they can’t deliver on them; etc.

Personally, I doubt they’ll add MIDI output for the arps. The last device that had a MIDI arp was (I think), the Octatrack. So basically their entire range apart from the oldest device. There’s some plan there; some thought process.

3 Likes