How to connect DiGiTAKT, DFAM & CV.OCD best way?

Hi : )
Has someone here experience with this setup?
I love the Digitakt and also the DFAM, and i read here at Elektronauts that they can play together nicely connected with the CV.OCD in between.
I ordered the CV.OCD but i dont get them together perfectly : (

Has someone experience with this, and tell me the best way of connection to have a deep access to control the DFAM with the Digitakt?

Thank you very much! I think this both together are a killer!

Best,

Alex : )

Make sure you have the latest os on the cvocd. You download it via sysex so you need midiox or similar. The older os had a bug which drove me crazy. It’s rock solid now.

1 Like

I don’t have the Mother 32 or DFAM, but I do have a Digitakt and CV.OCD. I’ll sequence two synth voices, and use another 2 channels for triggers for envelopes and LFO’s and then run a few different clocks so my setup is like this:

CV A - Pitch Synth 1
CV B - Pitch Synth 2
Gate 1 - Trigger/Gate Synth 1
Gate 2 - Trigger/Gate Synth 2
Gate 3 - Trigger/Gate
Gate 4 - Trigger/Gate
Gate 5 - Clock
Gate 6 - Clock 1/2
Gate 7 - Clock 1/4
Gate 8 - Clock 1/8

I’m not too familiar with the MOOG’s, but I feel like you’d be losing something not using those on board sequencers and sequencing with the Digitakt.

1 Like

Ok, thank you! I will check this.

It’s been some time, I know. But I just came across the CV.OCD and was also wondering if it was a good middleman between DT and DFAM.
Is it? Did you get them to work together nicely? If so, how do you use the CV.OCD / what can it pass on to DFAM?
Thanks.

Works great with the OT. What can it pass on to the DFAM? Env trigger + 4 Midi to CV values of your choice, so quite a range of possibilities; up to you. E.g. use two tracks on the Digi to send different pitches to the two oscillators, p-locks or an lfo to vca or filter decay. Makes dialing in “conventionally” melodic sequences much easier than using the DFAM pitch sequencer, and then you can have sequences of up to 64 steps as opposed to the 8 step limit on the DFAM.