How to clean my a4 and octatrack safely

Hello , ive not played my a4 and octa and also i dont have desksaver and cause of it they are dirty. I would like to know how to clean em safety. Pleaee give me some advices :drop_of_blood::heart: thanks

If it is just dust, I use a simple brush.

Any fluid recommendations ?

Just a small insight, nothing major, but if you have an air compressor and a blower attachment, or you can get a can of compressed air, it might be best to start with that unless something has spilled on them. Using pressurised air slightly off axis from (above) parallel would be best, if you spray directly at the boxes (perpendicular) you’re more likely to blow any loose particles into the cracks of the button seams in the faceplate.

Your best results would come from removing the faceplates entirely, washing them with a mild detergent soap and clean fresh water and blowing out the inside with some canned air while the faces dry off. Buttons and knobs can also be washed in clean water with mild soap.

If something spilled on the circuit boards, isopropyl alcohol is safe for that, but I wouldn’t use it on painted surfaces or rubberized components. Don’t use solvents on anything, no acetone or anything like that, just stay away from it all together.

If you need to wipe it down with the face on, consider at least pulling off the knobs and start with a clean rag or old t shirt to first get off anything loose, then shake it out and get it a little damp on one side with warm water (but make sure its just damp, not wet). After you wipe everything down you can use the clean half to dry it a bit.

If you want to buy a safe product they do make electronics wipes but for this purpose, probably unnecessary.

These contain less than 4% alcohol and should be paint safe but always start somewhere less visible to verify no paint/color comes off.

As suggested, a nice brush is good for regular maintenance. If you’re willing to take things apart a bit, cleaning will be more straightforward and more effective but there are plenty of ways around that. I recommend cleaning the knobs in soapy water and then rinse them in clean water either way. If you’re up to it, button caps can also be done the same way and they’re usually dirtier than you may think.

3 Likes

Nothing for the daily dirt. Water for cleaning knobs.

Never needed more than this, unless I clean old 1210 after 10 years of use in a club.