How the heck do you record the arp?

The user manual is really sparse on this, and there’s no video I’ve found that adequately explains it.

I’ve tried every combination of button pushing I can think of, and the arp will only record the first note of it. Say I want a 16th note arp of CEGA. I can only make it do CCCC.

In Cuckoo’s video he just holds down the chord and (after a few mysterious video edits) it gets recorded and played back as an arp.

I can’t figure it out and it’s driving me nuts. Help??

2 Likes

It’s just like recording a normal trig. Either you punch it in, and select the notes you want (see how to input several notes on one trig, it’s in the manual), or you do live rec (hold rec and push play) and you hold the chord for as long as you like.

For all this to be an arpeggio, you need to turn the Arp ON (also in the manual, or look for the button that says Arp on the DN)

1 Like

What happens alot is that in liverecording the first step ends up being timed off, and that screws up the Arp, so u can use the micro timing (left right) to get it exactly on point, then in the trig menu, you can set the length.

this should fix it?

2 Likes

So I think my mistake was even more basic. I had forgotten that you need to hit record AND play at the same time.

Still, armed with this knowledge, I found it surprisingly difficult to record what I had in mind.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

1 Like

you could also just hit record and place trigs. Just have to make sure that the length of the trig is long enough for the arp to be heard.