How the A4 changed the way I wear my Leather Jacket

hey guys…
this happened yesterday: …
https://soundcloud.com/nostocales/zoom0025-xy
… everything that is Not drums and Not guitar is me on the A4 …
(go to around 17min, … or … min 40 ). (42:30)

fuck yeah baby, I am a rockstar now … in a rock band … with people with like, real drums and real guitar! … fuck yeah! …

I did not press play, but actually played the A4 like an instrument… with pressing buttons and holding down the notes, and then turning the knobs! …
.did not use the sequencer … what an experience!
I put on my leather jacket today, not like I use to in the previous 4 years,…, no! … today A Guy who is in a Rock Band wore that jacket!
also, I havent EVER played the A4 “loud” … it was an isolated big studio with several drum kits in there and a ballin PA … that A4 sounds loud like the devils toothpaste on shrooms with tequilla…
.yeah baby… rock and roll! drone, shoe gaze, real people real instruments… real analog! … darn what a ride this elektron company is giving me"!!! !! ! !

also we did that yesterday:

https://soundcloud.com/nostocales/zoom0023-xy
. . … (5:15) … everything that is NOT guitar, or Drums is me on the A4 ! .

first EVER we played together… 3 guys who found themselves over the internet … no talk about key, rhytm, speed, chords… nothing… we just let loose… nothing prepared… never talked before… just met! …
.had 2 sessions… first 30 min, the second was almost 1 hour… not bad for a jam session of strangers …

they did not know there was the elektronic genre DRONE, I did not really know there was the Guitar Rock Genre called drone … but BOY did we nail that! …

proud owner of a late 70s style leather jacket, and now I can wear it with a purpose …

EDIT: told my girl friend she is dating a rock n roll dude now … and how things are gonna change … she then told me , now she is in charge of all finance and my manager, cos rock n roll guys just cant handle the money… (could not argue)

3 Likes

Great story dude - here’s my advice - don’t even think (or practice together) one second more - agree a rough “set list” and start booking gigs in dark sweaty holes anywhere that will have you - you’ll have a blast one way or another :slight_smile:

2 Likes

miketheman, are your marketing guys listening? :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is my favorite post ever. And some banging moments in there too!

p.s. Photo of the jacket or it didn’t happen

1 Like

Sooo…you will smash your A4 on the floor and put it on fire?

3 Likes

Also - Call your band “Sweaty Holes”.

1 Like

No leather jacket here, but recently playing my SH 01-a live loudly in a two-person setting without using the sequencer has also been a really great experience showing me how great it is to play a synth more like an instrument in a rock band!

I would never take the A4 for such a setting though, as it is not knobby and immediately enough for me to use it in such a way. Glad for you you made it work though!