How much for a 606

hi guys again … after my recent questions how much for a sh101, juno 106 … I am now lusting after a 606 … dont ask me why, since I have a MD and AR infront of me already…

how much would you guys pay? (comes with a original bag probably) … I am thinking 450 euro max …

thanks for all chimes, thoughts, ideas etc!!!

Dont bother get the Acidlab 606 Clone… For the price of a 606 plus some extra cash you can have a machine that does much more…

1 Like

http://www.socialentropy.com/quicksilver/qs606.html

Do bother. Then get a quicksilver cpu upgrade

thanks guys… looking into suggestoins … maybe a 303 clone would be the answer … cheers!

Since you already have a Rytm…

TR-606 + Tape = Rytm

A 30 slice sample chain for Analog Rytm. Various drum hits from Roland TR-606. There are actually 26 drum hits across 30 samples. A 30 slice sample chain for Analog Rytm. Various drum hits from Roland TR-606. There are actually 26 drum hits across 30 samples. The final hit is a longer Open HiHat hit which occupies multiple slice segments. All processed through Tritone Digital ColorTone Pro’s Studer A80 Tape IR (15ips).

Download

PS - lots more goodies in the Files section.

3 Likes

While the 606 is no doubt a cool machine, i think its a bit overpriced these days.
I wouldnt mind having one for the trigger outs, battery power and sweet sounding hats and toms - but not at current prices.

thanks for answers … pricing is a bit unreasonable, yeah … thanks for the sample chain, uploading to AR at the moment (seems to take forever)

cheeeeers

In 2009 I paid 400 USD for a 606 with original gig bag. Was kind of pricy for the time, but it seems about right now. It’s also totally mint. To be honest, I don’t really use it too much and I have the Doepfer MIDI to DIN box.

Really mostly used it for triggering my Juno 60. But when I have used it it really can’t be duplicated, even with samples. There’s something about those sizzling hi hats that is super specific.

Now that I have a RYTM I might start using it more with the DIN sync in that piece.

Either way, even though I don’t use it often, I’ll never sell. It’s just too classic.

Got one in good condition for 300.- CHF (roughly the same in euros now), including a midi2sync about 1.5 years ago, which is a good price.
Haven’ modded it yet. The acidlab drumatix looks sweet, esp. Since you can tune your drums, which you can’t on the original.

400-450 euros is a buy IMHO - history tells us the price is only going one way.

hi again… mangled the shit out of the 606 sample chain on the AR … funny! thanks for posting the link …

also thanks michalho and housecliche …

i think I pass on the 606 given, I would not wanna keep any synth (maybe the 101 though) as an investment, i kinda only want those things in my studio that I really use …

the 606 could not really be of use, execpt for the experience of owning one for a while … god help if a knob breaks or needs repair…bye bye money ;(

This was a while back, but I paid around $200 with a gig bag back in 2006-2007. I’m sure you’ll probably pay twice though now.

I would probably pay $300-$400 as long as it had some mods. I wouldn’t may more than $250 for a vanilla one, just too expensive for what all else is out there.

Sixty £quid£ from Cash Converters in Blackburn . . about 2001 or so…

I knew it was a steal even then…

I still kick myself cos i used to see these all over the North West U.K. and never bought 'em up …

Best accented hats ever. Not the best Kick… some special magic at work in the sequencer, don’t know what it is - it just tiks nicely.

I reckon worth about £150 - £200 tops.

Sold mine about 2007 - funded a Machinedrum UW :+1: Didn’t even sample it before getting rid :-1: just needed cash quick

WAY overpriced now - - ! 450 euros ! never… collectors prices they be

Sounds great, but is limited… Get a MD nonUW … Make any kind of percussions sound you want on that.

1 Like

450,- is way too much in my opinion.
i´ve got to admit that i totally loved the hh sounds respectively
the behaviour of patterns synced with DIN and mangling around
with the knobs. impossible to recreate that with single sound samples.
every bar somehow sounds a bit different, not easy to explain with words…
i sampled my personal standard patterns this way and i don´t miss
the 606 at all now. it was useful to trigger the sh 101 sequencer.
the bd is kind of disapointing/weak when not modified…
i don´t care about that price development. i´ve owned most of
that old roland stuff in the past and when i see some ebay offers these days
i really must laugh out loud !
maybe one day some collecters put them into cabinets … game over

Aye, its madness - the price that the gear goes for nowadays…

still enjoying the input on my “how much for a xyz” threads …

interesting to hear how you guys were already in music and living it while producing, … back then I was just 1ß years old …

the times where a 101 was dirt cheap I never saw … to me: the SH101 were always so great with their analog circuitry , that they were and are more expensive than a A4 from 2015 … honestly, you couldnt blame me for experiencing the world like this … but when I read all a ya old posts, I am like;: woooooow !

(all I lived through was tape, minidisk, copying cds, filesharing, cloud services)
blablabl … allright then,… if I find a 606 for 200 I might get it … cheers everybody!

1 Like

350$ -450$ depending on how fkkd up it is…
otherwise why?!

it’s really a nice smooth design, lovely tone, but for more I would consider tr06, tr6s or any other clone… let’s not be fooled by this “vintage” game… music is more important

1 Like