How much do you REALLY love the Octatrack?

Sezare56? :joy:
You should give him more attention… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I know you’re right.
But he’s really deep, I should read the manual again :joy:

1 Like

Yeah Octatrack is a nuclear musical bomb with right angles ! :thup:

4 Likes

Name’s Open, not Open-heimer! :boom:

4 Likes

Something I’ve also noticed is that it seems not that uncommon for different people to love or hate the OT for different reasons that completely contradict each other. Like, for example, in this thread some people say they love it because it’s like analytically solving some kind of complex math equation, and other people say they love it because it’s such a hands-on, intuitive and doesn’t demand they approach it analytically.

Stuff like that really says something about how many different ways there are to approach it.

2 Likes

I analytically program the complex math equation at night so in the day I can feed different live samples into it and use it hands-on, intuitively, and non analytically… :wink:

Edit: Most of the time I’m doing the day time jam out, I only occasionally analytically program at night…
I just wanted to show how it’s both…

3 Likes

Drink the Octauasca and join us… :tea: :atom_symbol: :notes:

#Octacult

7 Likes

I got the OT back in December 2016 and parted ways with it soon after the Digitakt was announced. I barely scratched the surface, but I got the concept. Now having the Digitakt for a bit now, I’m starting to miss certain functions of the OT that not’s available on the DT, like time stretching and live mangling. And the fader. God, I miss it.

Loops are ok if you mangle and slice and randomize the trigs and lock parameters on every step - now with conditional trigs a new messy territory😊

True.

Right at the moment I don’t love it, cause I realize I can’t p-lock program changes while the DT can :zonked: Seems I threw that fact out of my memory…
Have to remind me now all the things it can do :slight_smile:

I bought a DT, then an AH, then finally an OTMKII. I now basically am addicted to my OT. However, I’d be spending more time with the DT if the pattern change worked correctly on the DT when receiving from the OT. I do wish it had more DSP, it is 2017, after all, but it does what it does very well. I love THRU machines and 1 shot recorders. Sequencing my 0-Coast and than remixing the audio live without having to stop at all is pretty flipping sweet.

I changed my mind, I hate this thing… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Working on so uber simple lo fi hip hop tonight and feeling warm fuzzies for dat Lo Fi fx suite. P-locking that sample rate reduction sounds so good on these organ chord stabs

2 Likes

the only problem is I don’t own the DT :okej:

Nice and inspiring post !

I work in a similar way, can’t do without the play free mode anymore :smiley:

What also opened a new dimension for me was when I started sequencing CCs to external synth and effects units , this combined with TRCs , it’s just insane the amount of possibilities and the fact that it’s all happenning in the same box make it somehow even more inspiring.

Maybe @sezare56 can tell us if the event processor plus can change some kind of OT events to program change?
I don’t have one yet but I have a feeling we’d all be stoked with one…
Has tons of other cool uses…

Yep, any midi event mappable to any midi event.
Easy to map a CCxx value to a ProgChange.
Crossfader CC 48 to other CCs, notes to PC, notes to CC to control Comb filters note…

5 Likes

Nice…
Want! (When can afford😺)

Last not the least : slice control with external midi gear, or Ot’s midi tracks/arp.

1 Like