How many Elektron machines did Cenk convince you to buy?

Elektron Marketing Department liked this thread

3 Likes

He is really really good but not my style tbh. His first Rytm demo was awesome though.

Im wondering who made the pattern presets on the Monomachine though because i’ve bought the Monomachine based on the soundcloud demos !

1 Like

for the digitakt and i sought an octatrack for a while but that digtone is still something i want

My first Impression of Elektron were the monomachine and the analog four at a retailer. I did know nothing about the brand and the instruments. But the design looked immediatly attractive and useful to me, complex, yet intuitive and not trying to look like a synth from the 70s or 80s. When I found out the A4 is an analog groovebox I was sold. So no Cenk involved, but his presentations are great.

It’s listed in the Credits section of the manual.

2 Likes

I’d say Loopop has sold me way more gear than Cenk. I like really detailed reviews when I’m considering gear and he has a knack for explaining things in a very clear manner and shows extra tips and tricks too. While Cenk is obviously awesome, I find watching him quite intimidating rather than coming away thinking ‘I’ll be able to do that’ :joy:

5 Likes

True :smile:

2 Likes

my brain is not that fast (Cenk)

Loopop is like looking forward to class because of the teacher

7 Likes

I never thought so many people would seriously answer my question, that was more of a joke but still, it’s fun to read your experiences :smile:

1 Like

Four. So far. Still early in the game.

2 Likes

lol, same.

seems like a nice guy though, and very talented with the machines. almost too much, actually. I find it difficult to follow anything in his videos, he’s moving so damn fast. they’re nice for referencing what a new machine is capable of though.

Like a few others I bought the machines before Cenk was around, or since he has been around I often buy them as soon as they are available anyway, so he doesn’t really convince me to buy, because Elektron machines are great anyway.

However, I think he is by far the best product demonstrator I have seen, his enthusiasm comes across as genuine and he gets right into the nuts and bolts, also he seems to try to be a bit more diverse in his demos and presentations often showing a variety of styles - from delicate to chaos. Very professional and a great front man for Elektron. :100:

10 Likes

He definitely made me consider Elektron gear. What a nice humble guy, I really like the way he demonstrates gear, one of my favourite videos on youtube is the Elektron history at Sonicstate. Watched it too many times already… actually you cannot watch it too many times, it is too good… and he “owns” each machine…

Sonicstate Elektron History

4 Likes

All my Elektron gear was purchased after watching Cenk do his thing in various online videos (Octatrack, A4, Heat, Digitakt, and Digitone).

1 Like

His last track on ‘The Digitone Experience’ video.

I had to buy it, my brother just bought a digitakt and he wished he went for the digitone instead after watching this. At least we have both now.

2 Likes
  • Directly: Dark Trinity
  • Indirectly: Two-Shades-of-Grey Trinity

I’m another one who was initially hooked by his from-scratch Analog Four pattern video.

Don’t forget Hector

5 Likes

It’s been mentioned before on this thread , he’s a product demonstrator / salesman so it’s quite likely his demos have swayed peoples decision to buy… if it didn’t then he’s doing something wrong and unlikely to continue to get paid by his employer ( though he seems to do more than demo products )

His demos are good and so are his own live performances so I hope / expect his performance experience translates into design ideas / layouts on devices and helps if he’s involved in QA.

I probably buy new elektron gear more quickly than many other companies if it’s a new box , I didn’t grab the mk2’s or model boxes but would probably grab a new octatrack on preorder if it ever came out.

…he never had to convince me of any elektron box i have in use…

while the rytm is still the only one i don’t own…
joined the swedish sonic cake soon after ot showed up…so, no sid, no machine drum and no mono machine either…

but last time i met him, it was no swedish gear he was in love with…it was polish…the polyend tracker made him feel like kids on sugar…

but since i realised this year for the first time since i ever started with all this musician thing, that i 'd rather need less than more gear from now on, that there’s nothing left i could think of i need to buy next, he might work hard on me to convince me, to get the next big swedish thing…

speaking of next big swedish thing…hey, swedish head quarters…really sure the world needs another next groovebox something…?

bringing back those three old mentioned classics of urs in one digi footprint box makes sense…
i totally agree…
but it’s time to start from scratch, thinking out of the box again, once ur main competence…
let’s go beyond…and i’m all in again…

for now, my hardware love starts growing cold…
so u guys better start to think of a truu next generation ot concept…
and i’m also missing a downsized but more fx on board version of the second best thought u ever had…the a4…analog heart meets digital mind was the right direction…
and spending ur timeless parameterlocking step seqeuncer some kind of mpc like master frame overall arranger gimmick with further make it easy live performance makros would kick u way ahead of all the sonic game another time…

right in time before the hardware trend starts turning further back to the use of daws again…

1 Like

He may have helped convince me by just showing all the things you can do with an Octatrack (my first Elektron).

What really convinced me is when he says… “I will show you this now” before everything he shows you.

1 Like