How do you use Analog Heat MK2 with OB?

Hi everyone,

I’m new here but I’ve been using Elektron devices for a few years. I bought recently an Analog Heat Mk2 that I’m using with Overbridge and I’m wondering what is your workflow with this setup?

My first intention was to use it on a return channel and send all my busses through it but it doesn’t seem to be possible as I’m hearing some kind of phasing effect. Plus, if I try to record the return channel, the latency of my recording is always much bigger than what it is compensated through Ableton delay compensation .

I ended up using it mainly on my master channel as an EQ and saturation device, which I really like but I’m a bit sad not to be able to use it on a return channel to have more control over particular buses.

If you have any tips, that would be much appreciated but I’m also curious to hear about your workflows.

Thank you,
Matthieu

Depending what phase of production I’m in. During sound design/sketching I usually just have it on the master channel and constantly resample sounds through it. During mix down/arrangement, again I usually just leave it on my master channel with very subtle settings.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!