How do I play keyboard into elektron digitakt

Just got the elektron digitakt and i’m having problems just playing keyboard into my device. I have a roland keyboard going into the digitakt, then going into some pedals and then into my amp. Getting sound out of the digitakt but I can’t hear the keyboard and have no idea what to do.

I have a octatrack and I know how to play the keyboard into that all I do is go into mixer and turn up direct volume but with this thing I have 0 idea.

Thanks so much for the help

1 Like

yes how do i play instrument thru digitakt now?

Please, I feel like this should be really really simple but I’v been trying to figure out for hours and i’m not any closer to figuring it out.

well, there is no direct input monitoring. unless you are sampling the keyboard, i would use a mixer.
other than that, make sure you&ve selected ext. and have the ext. sound up from the sampling page.

Do you want to play audio from your keyboard through the digitakt or play midi notes into the DT?

If its audio: put a jack cable into the input and turn monitoring on in the sampling screen, I think that should do the trick if the keyboard is outputting sound. You could check if your DT is getting any sound in the sampling screen, if not: check the cable and the keyboard levels. You cant set the level on the DT though, so make sure the level on your keyboard is sensible.

If you want to use the keyboard as a midi controller thats a whole different story…

3 Likes

Hit the button that looks like a waveform right under the screen that says direct underneath and then change hmon to yes

1 Like