How do I fix

I was looking at my typhon synth and noticed a drop of liquid had developed on the screen but inside the unit
It appears to be a sticky candyish substance judging from the look and color( kids?)
What do I do?
Can I just unscrew and open it up and clean?

I guess it is the only way. i would suggest keeping removed screws organised so you can revert the process. It is possibly obvious but worth mentioning just in case.
You may consider posting an close up image for a better advice.
Edit:
I looked at the picture on the website (I dont own one) and the screen seems to be recessed. My guess is that the protection glass (I assume there is one) is glued to the case from the bottom. So the “liquid” may be a glue. Just speculating.

Here’s a better image

The knobs have small grub screws, you need a small allen wrench, then open the case ans clean glass.

Possibly it is worth tape around them prior to unscrewing to avoid damaging the paint. Or tape the socket head depending on what tools you will be using.

From the image it looks like the liquid penetrated inside form the bottom edge of the window. So yeah the only way is open it up and clean it. Good luck.

1 Like