How can I use AR/Overbridge as core audio device? Logic 10.6, Catalina

I got a new computer and am on logic 10.6.1. Due to the known bug I can’t use over bridge but I have heard people say that it can be used as “Core Audio” device for L/R master streaming as a workaround until Logic releases an update. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Its not showing up in my audio preferences.
thanks

Go to Settings > System > USB config, and put it into USB Audio mode, instead of Overbridge Mode.

1 Like

Brilliant, thank you!

1 Like

So then do you know how to configure it in logic?I pull up the plugin and nada.

And it in the AR plugin it says “no device selected” (and its not available) whereas it would usually auto connect.

The plugin only works with overbridge. Without overbridge, you need to use the AR as an audio device for at least the input, to get the sound in. Then the AR outputs will be available as inputs on your audio tracks in Logic.

Using it as a core audio device means you are using it for input and/or output in Logic audio device settings.

To use it with the plugin via overbridge, and get AR audio into Logic without using it as a core audio device, you’ll need to wait until the bug is fixed.

Oh, sounds like maybe I was given incorrect info… so using it as core audio device won’t allow to stream L/R thru logic via usb?

Info given was correct, I think you’re just misinterpreting it. It does let you stream L/R through USB, just not via the VST.

On the AR: Go to Settings > System > USB config, and put it into USB Audio & Midi mode

In Logic: Make AR the audio input in Logic audio settings. The audio from the AR will then be available on the input of any Logic audio track.

If you were previously using it overbridge mode, you may need to go into Settings > Audio Routing, and make sure all tracks are routed to Main (depending on how you previously configured it with Overbridge)

1 Like

I don’t use Logic, so I just downloaded the demo to show you. I don’t have an AR, so the examples below are using a Digitone (It’s the same for most Elektron Devices)

On the AR: Go to Settings > System > USB config, and put it into USB Audio & Midi mode

In Logic: Make AR the audio input in Logic audio settings (you can use your normal interface for the output, or use the AR) - you may need to set the Output back to your interface after selecting the AR as the input.

Then create an audio track in Logic, and select Input 1+2 as the audio input

If you already have audio tracks in your session, just make sure the input is set to input 1+2:

Make sure you click the Input Monitoring button on the track:

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 5.29.28 PM

Press play on the AR, or in Logic if you’ve already synced the AR via Midi, and you should hear the AR audio.

1 Like

Thank you for this. Still not quite working. In logic the track is showing audio in the meter, responds to the pads, but no sound is coming through. Ive gone over all the settings several times. I suppose you don’t know logic and can’t help much more.

Did you enable the input monitoring on the track? The I button should be yellow (enabled)

Also make sure the right output device is selected in audio settings. When you select an input device it switches the output device to the same device.

Take a screenshot of your audio settings and the track and post them here.

1 Like

Yep…

I can hear other tracks in the logic project. Can see the meter respond to AR, just no sound.

Can you screenshot the track settings?