How can I stop a single sample playing?

Hi all, I’m new here with a new device and an upcoming performance. How can I stop or mute one single sample playing: I use long (30 second) samples and have added a slow attack. However I can’t add a slow release nor can I stop the track playing (I can stop everything). Thx, Philippe

Is it playing as part of a pattern?
If it is you could add a ‘conditional trig’ so that it only plays the first time the pattern plays (or every other time, or whatever works best).

I trig the samples with the trig buttons in a live improvisation. So, no patterns (so far)…

Okay, maybe the play mode is set to ‘forward loop’ on SRC PAGE 1?

It can be changed to just play once which I think is what you want.

Indeed, is set to play once, but how can I interrupt it half way?

Either put a trigless trig lock by holding FUNCTION and putting a trig down where you want it to end, and then while holding the trig go to the amp page and 0 the volume.

Or just shorten the sample length on SRC page, or shorten the trigs AMP envelope to your liking.

1 Like

Function + bank once or twice
mutes per pattern = purple.
Master mutes = green

1 Like

You could also put down a trig with a fill condition, that is set to 0 on the AMP volume

1 Like

So that when you press fill it activates that trig, but you should put the NON-FILL trig condition on the rest of your triggers, so they don’t make a sound when the loop comes back around.

3 Likes

I tried turning down the volume. This works off course but the next time I want to play that same sample I have to reset the volume.

I’ll try this

Another approach:Set AMP hold time to note and short or none release. You trigger the shots and hold as long as you want to have them played just as a synth can do.

that’s a bit awkward since 3 or more samples can play simultaneously for a while while I have other things to to on modulars and stuf…

Then indeed it is awkward :grin:

Do you always want it to play the same length? If so you can either edit the sample to make it shorter, or adjust the envelope.

Maybe get yourself a little controller such as the Korg nanokontrol to quickly mute a sound…

Or just switch to master page and play with track levels. That’s what I do, it’s totally performance/improvisation oriented.

1 Like

Press :gear: > Audio Routings > Route To Main

You can use this page to perform your audio mutes. Once you’ve navigated to this page, you can come in and out of it by tapping the :gear: button for quick access.

4 Likes

Well, it’s really a live thing: I start the samples and then decide when I drop them according to the play with the other musicians, sounds and instruments…

Maybe there is a way to use the MIDI trigs to stop the sample trigs. For instance: Button 9 stops sample 1 etc…

you can use this tricks to mute the sample almost instant :