How black the black Octotrack edition is?

HI!
I use Sonicstate’s colors and lighting as a reference. Is the Octotrack the same as the Digitakt, for those lucky enough to own both? Not just the color, but the finish and texture too. Thanks all.

None more black, I believe.

12 Likes

…the digis ain’t black…just dark…

old black trinity are black…the mk2 anniv.edition is black…
and so are the latest mk2 editions of rytm and a4…
so now u can have a new black trinity…

no unity in trinity for digis…
if there’s an anniversary machine for machinedrum…it might be in digi format…
but if so, u can be sure it won’t be dark…it will be silver…of course.

The heat is mk1 black

1 Like

Had my AE next to a Digitone and it’s the same black.

2 Likes

…dont’t wanna sound picky…but no…
the heat mk1 ain’t black either…also just another shade of darkish…
nowhere near to black trinity black…totally different finish…

gosh, we sound like architecture student wannabe hipsters here…

first world luxury problem alarm full on…

1 Like

Clear answer. I have a point of reference. Thank you all!

Why does this seem to be such a big concern on this forum? It’s like everyone will have a panic attack if things don’t fit together like a lego brick.

2 Likes

3 shades of black…The Digitakt is greyer than I thought. Texture, light makes a difference.

(4 shades with the piano, but I seem to match the Tyhon).

6 Likes

I love reading about Elektron. I hope my question wasn’t a big issue for the forum. I have seen many shades from videos and images all over the place. The color grey is easier to translate, but not as clear to my eyes with the black version so far. I got my answer so the mods can delete my post if needed.

My question is how white is the white of the text of the new black ot 2.
Saw it on early photos and now they also write something about refreshed…
I would prefer the probably (?) a bit whiter text (low light readability ) of the new black ot 2 over the red rec keys of my ot ae. Quite ready to trade…, just maybe not a good idea economically and maybe something more important could not work.
Low light readability of small white text:
On tanzbär, erica fusionbox, 0-coast good.
On a4mk1 quite good. On ot mk2 Ae the words Headphones Vol and Level quite good.
Most of other text quite bad. Main out, input AB etc a disaster.
On digitone the blueish text a disaster.

Rest of the machine is wonderful and addictive( apart from pattern autosave (for me)), dont use it and exercise enough, im surprised positively that I can use the crossfader to add the amount of filter on a snare for example… Edit added photo:

2 Likes

7 Likes

…perception of colour depends on reflection of light…

i have. not seen the ae version of the ot yet in real…
but i’m pretty convinced it’s matching the black revisions of the other mk2’s…
and if the surface and finish of the digis has not drasticly changed in the last to years, it’s impossible that they match that black…

i never saw a real black in the digis…they always reflected more a super dark but with a little brownish to me…
in any light condition…

but hey, at least they’re not white, right?

and well well well…we’re talking all small batches here…and everytime they start ordering the parts for and to start assembling a next new batch of the same product, there will be some little differences in surface structure and paint…because there not produced in masses of big batches just once and for all…no music for the masses here… :wink:

15 Likes

…oh, that seems a good shot for comparing…that black and that surface structure matches pretty close…

so i can repeat my statement…
my ot mk1 has definitly a different level of blackness than my digis had…

and even given the fact that i have a black fetish, even spended a few hundred bux xtra to make my already black mpc 1000 even more black, down to all its parts that were not black in first place…like the screen, the pads, vol and rec knob, all the buttons…
so of course the new swedish black editions trigger me…

but…i really like my grey ot mk2 almost more than my ot mk1 these days…
can somebody get me off this hook, please…

Pretty cool how those three kinda match. Never realized they would.

Well, at least until you turn on the screens :laughing:

3 Likes

Wow! Thank you.

1 Like

Actually light source and camera angle make a big difference.
Several pictures help.

Ex with @LyingDalai recent Typhon pictures.

Similar color?

Much different

2 Likes

Mmmmm, those Typhon’s trigger my GAS…

great to see a side by side comparison…
It shows (to me) how beautiful the MK1 round keys are, unpainted, and well positioned, it really gives the machine a “timeless character”