House warming gift - Genelec G One & pre-amp?

Hi all,

My girlfriend has bought a flat and I’d like to get her something to play music on that’s decent sounding, in-keeping with the design aesthetic she is planning, and easy to use.

I have heard the Genelec G Ones and they sound fantastic, they are very small and also come in white, which look great.

I’m trying to wrap my head around how she would control volume, connect her Sky Box, laptop, phone etc for music and film.

Anyone got any tips? Has to be very user friendly - she is clueless about this stuff.

Or if anyone has a better solution in mind I’m all ears.

Here’s a pic of the Genelec monitor (won’t be getting sub, not needed).

Audioengine A2+ sound pretty good and have lots of connectivity.

(And they come in white.)

1 Like

I run my G Ones from DAC to Schiit Magni 3 (amp). Sounds great.

TO utilise they properly with all the different components an AV reciever is a good idea.

You don’t want her having to plug jacks in every time she is switching source

1 Like

Indeed.

But do they make a small one box solution with remote which works with active speakers?

I’m clueless about consumer audio stuff nowadays.

I agree with @COHIBA: I got myself a Marantz NR1604 a while ago and it became the hub of my installation.
Being able to connect with WiFi or AirPlay and separate video from audio was a real benefit, I wouldn’t do without now.

Yes.

Even basic recievers have remotes for switching source. Most also have line level outputs so connecting active speakers is quite easy.

What about a Sonos Port? Then she can control everything from the same app. Maybe a bit pricey…

Thanks all - I just ordered the Audioengine HD3 wireless speakers in walnut.

Hopefully they sound ok.

Shame Genelec don’t make this all in one type solution, I’d buy them in a heartbeat.

Cheers

Got the Audioengine HD3 today and gave them to my girlfriend, she loves them and I have to say they sound fantastic! I was surprised. The stereo imaging is actually pretty incredible.

Very pleased. I quite fancy a pair myself!