Hosting free Sample Packs

So I’ve been making one shots and multi-sample Keygroup Programs with my MPC for a while now, so I thought I’d share some on here.

WeTransfer times out after 7 days, Google Drive didn’t want me to upload the files - any recommendations for a free place I can host some Zips for Download?

1 Like

Maybe look into Dropbox. I think they still include 2GB storage with the free account.

1 Like

Yeah, I forgot about Dropbox.

1 Like

I use Dropbox, it’s pretty solid. You can download the app to your computer, or just use it browser-based. And it is easy to generate links to share files.

1 Like

Can you host them here at Elektronauts, under the Media tab?

2 Likes

I believe you can use Bandcamp for hosting sample packs / zips if you contact support to allow you to upload zips as bonus material for an album. The album itself can just be a short, one-track preview of the samples.

If I’m not mistaken, this is what @Claid does for his drum sample packs. Not sure if you have to have Bandcamp pro, though?

Haven’t uploaded zips yet myself, but I was planning to distribute my forthcoming Prophet 6 sound pack thru Bandcamp as well.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, Dropbox is super easy for me so enjoy!

2 Likes

Correct, this is what I do and no, you don’t need BandCamp Pro. You can contact BandCamp and ask them to allow you to upload .zip files. Works like a charm!

2 Likes

I use Gumroad for stuff like this - you can offer the products at $0 with a filesize limit of 250mb (larger and the price needs to be at least $1); This is usually more than enough for one-shot packs, and people have the opportunity to give you a few dollars if they want to :slight_smile:

3 Likes