Homemade synth stands

I thought you lot might be interested in these synth stands I bashed together. I have a day off work and - as always - procrastinated away from music and made these. They took about half an hour, and cost exactly nothing - apart from a bit of gaffa tape.

Anyone else made any fear out of scraps?

3 Likes

Not the prettiest but does the job it seems. Nice work! I’ve been contemplating purchasing some stands to ease my neck and see if I enjoy the angled workflow. Maybe I’ll test it with something like this first.

That was my thinking - see if it’s worth the investment.

1 Like

Reach any conclusions yet? I usually perform on flat surfaces when playing out so I just sort of keep it that way at home, but I get concerned about my neck and posture from time to time.

After one afternoon - I really like it. Having all there, less moving around and fidgeting, it feels more immediate because there less repositioning when switching between devices.

1 Like

Zero Cares was given when I made this contraption. It shares duty between MPC and OT.

1 Like

I’ve built all sort of stuff from synth desktop stands from Ikea parts like shoe racks, to rackmounts, to studio desk, to a Keystep stand from surplus wood as I wanted something to hold an ipad with the keyboard (at the time). It also ensured I got the right angles as many of the stands with shallow angles don’t impress me much. Sure they’ve got the looks… (sorry), but aren’t always uber practical, or even fairly priced.

Ended up with better stands for most things, but my main studio desk is built from wooden kitchen worktops, My floor rack is built from ply with added heavy duty wheels etc.

Sometimes necessity forces a bit of DIY if needing something specific.

1 Like