Hollow justifications for buying gear

I’ll buy it now to save myself the bother of buying it later.

17 Likes

I am lucky enough to have a rack of 64 converters. I need to fill it with stuff!

1 Like

“Buy cheap, buy twice” is one of my favourites.

6 Likes

Almost did the REV2 thing last weekend but I opted for a Novation 61SL MKIII and decided to opt for a REV2-Desktop. That way, I won’t damage the keyboard of the Prophet by playing it!

Economically sound decisions!

Smart amiright?

6 Likes

“<this device> is the only one i’m yet missing to create music of my dreams”.
every time

8 Likes

That one is actually true tho!
I am on my 3rd interface, had I bought apollo right off the bat I’d been good all along!

It’s 100% true, and that’s what makes it so powerful/dangerous as a justification when buying stuff. So actually not hollow, I guess…

I don’t even attempt to justify purchasing gear anymore.
It’s more about what to buy than if … :loopy:

17 Likes

Getting into another expensive hobby lately - woodworking. So now I built a table. Synths can go on it. Now I built some shelves. Hmm, I think some gear would look nice there. Now I can build little angled gear stands. Yep, need something to go there - DT and DN. Would be a shame to waste all that nice furniture.

7 Likes

I have a wall socket that needs a plug in it.

8 Likes

“I’m getting it at a bargain price so definitely wont lose a penny if I don’t like it and sell it”…

10 Likes

This EQ has different mojo from that EQ I already own.

This EQ is more British and vintage than the other EQ

8 Likes

It was either synths or become a drug lord, get involved with the wrong mob, start a gang war and end up provoking WW3. Save world peace, buy another synth…

At least that’s what I tell nosy people who ask about my spending habits.

1 Like

let this be the last piece of synthesiser/guitar/fx box that I will buy

5 Likes

tax return money…

8 Likes

This combines two devices in one so that’s why I’m upgrading

6 Likes

Justification? Why?

9 Likes

family, house payments [of which i dont have]…no job [which i…have? or not…double negative…3 years without a job. FUCK]

2 Likes

Trent Reznor has an entire warehouse full of synths

5 Likes

Probably only uses three and is a collector like Junkie XL