Hold FX (any) param when trig OT from external sequence

Hi!
I need your little help or advice.
I use an external MIDI sequencer (T1) to run samples in OT.
I need to change and hold some FX parameters of the track for some time. I tried Plock, trigless trig&lock, slide - all this works only for the internal sequencer OT.
If T1 is used, triggers do not use locks.

How do I get octa to change and hold track parameters when triggered by external midi triggers?

Why not use scenes? Your use case is exactly what they are for, button press or cross fade.

1 Like

In my case, this should happen automatically and change several times in one bar.

I see only two ways: LFO or midi CC. Both do not provide the required accuracy when changing the parameter…

LFO Designer if you need to be very specific with changes and timings thereof?

1 Like

I tried LFO Square - no result. It looks like OT resets all envelopes and LFOs with external midi triggers…

If you are using external midi to control audio channels, then theres a midi overlap problem,
Eg midi channel 1 will over ride audio channel 1.

You can solve this by using a different midi channel number to send CCs.

Or just use LFOs’ scenes, Plocks, conditional trigs etc.

I call upon the almighty
@sezare56
:nazar_amulet:

1 Like

Yes, that’s right.

I’ll use different channels to control the tracks, if that’s what you’re talking about.

That’s what I wanted. But ot does not understand the current plock value with an external midi trigger.

I am not sure to get what do you want to achieve. You’d want to play samples externally, and apply (OT) plocked parameters ?

Yes and samples played by midi notes aren’t modulated by trigless. Midi triggers use default track parameters. But these can be modulated by CCs.

I don’t know your external sequencer but can you sequence OT parameters with it, on different tracks ? (CCs)

You can also sequence scenes and crossfader values with CCs.

Lfo designers with SYNC TRIG mode can also modulate parameters without being retriggered. With Sync Trig, lfos are triggered at the beginning of the track.

2 Likes

You can also plock fx of a Neighbour track, and play samples on above track externally.

2 Likes

@sezare56 thank you! I knew you’d help.

Yes! I play samples (or rather slices) by launching them with midi notes and I need to change the parameters during the bar in OT. I was hoping that plock would do the job, but sadly no its not.

Yes, my sequencer can send CC to change the OT parameters. But this method has low accuracy and it takes a long time to select the desired CC value.

It looks like this is exactly what I need! Thanks!

1 Like

@yokermoon pointed at it !
Several possibilities, I don’t know what I’d choose. I am used to use OT midi tracks to control audio tracks, with midi loopback.

2 Likes

Is this formula from MnM relevant for OT?

(multiplier value Ă— speed)/128 = number of LFO cycles per bar

or this

(multiplier value Ă— speed x tempo multiplayer)/128 = number of LFO cycles per bar