HisMostDarxxxellent is Jagdangel (New Techno 2 E.P)

Hello everyone,

I am very happy to share two new tracks. I’m really enjoying the Perkons and made these tracks with it. The only other voice is the flute sound from Braids. There are also some cymbals from Pure Acid.

I have always been inspired by Tribal/Amazonian/Aztec vibes and aspire to make hypnotic, driving Techno. These are the first two tracks that I am satisfied with.

I processed the tracks in various ways. Braids via eurorack modules and the Perkons via iPad apps. Everything is being ran into the iPad app AUM. Then I’m running this into the Heat and through an iPad Mini and an iOS mastering chain.

It is my dream to play live so with that in mind I’ve kept everything I’ve done over the years as minimal as possible and only recorded stereo tracks.

I hope you enjoy these tracks!

21 Likes

Send your stuff to local festivals, venues, etc … you’ll soon be getting opportunities I’m sure, think these will definitely sound good over some big speakers!

3 Likes

Thanks! I really appreciate your words, @topcat

I am going to just that! I know it sounds silly… I think I needed to hear that to make start that ball rolling.

Does anyone else feel like chiming in?
It would be great to hear some honest thoughts because I’m always wanting to improve. I’m all ears to anything anyone wants to share regarding these two productions.

@Fin25 @shigginpit @Ryan @reeloy and anyone else
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Whatever they may be! It’s always interesting to hear other people’s perspectives.

I listened to the first track. Off the bat, the sounds are both interesting and fresh sounding. My impression of the track shifted throughout the track. At first it sounded like,I don’t know- techno I guess. Then it reminded me of a lively version of FSOL’s Lifeforms, before ending at feeling reminiscent of Godspeed You! Black Emperor’s “Storm” like they did an electronic take for one of their studio sessions.

Congrats on the release! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Listened to Jagdtiger a few times. Digging it. Impressed by the quality of the production :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers @Ryan

Interesting and comical take. It’s nice to hear/read other perspectives so thank you for taking the time. It’s appreciated.

1 Like

Haven’t had enough of a listen to form any sort of reasonable or constructive opinion, but I will at some point in the next day or two, then I will return with opinions.

2 Likes

Gratulations on making something that you are happy with! I enjoyed listening :blush:

3 Likes

Really enjoyed it, congrats!
:heart::beers:

1 Like

Definitely got the feeling of festival music, night stage, big speakers. It doesn’t give the impression that it’s for casual listening. It was very nicely built upon itself and I appreciate that it’s not over the top, seemed like you found a nice balance between the minimalist set up you wanted and the big sound you desired. Very glad to see you creating things you enjoy and hope you’re soon inspired to create more.

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch for the warm words. I am glad you enjoyed listening to them. May not be everyone’s cup of tea but it is certainly mine.

1 Like

Hey @LyingDalai, thank you for your support.
It means a lot!

1 Like

…once u hit live stages with ur stuff, u better make sure, not bothering too much to play them live…
whatever ur set up is, ur killing all the fun of performing it, if u actually really try to recreate them in realtime…

get recordbox, drop ur stereofiles in there and curate ur content thoughtfully…
buy two proper usb stix, one for ur slot, one for redundancy, drop ur carefully curated playlists on there and enjoy ur show via the gear that every venue out there already has to offer…
go with a stick to the gig and rock the world…

Wow… interesting reply @reeloy
I would never have guessed you’d say that.

I’m all about the thrill of live performance. Watching heroes like Liam Howlett or Bodzin rock a show is where I want to be at.

One day… one day…

…yeah, that attitude is kind of half way new to me, too…

big difference is, first of all, what crowd do u play…is ur audience a concert audience, came to see u…or are u playing a slot for a club crowd…

two vastly different missions to accomplish…
while most of all kinds of audience don’t really know what ur actually doing up there…
either way…
all they can tell, how real U are while ur perfoming, how do U share and present the moment and how much do U rock them in one way or the other while ur doing so…

those who really try to recreate or improvise their music as live as possible, usually can’t really nail it while too busy to get their shit together and totally forget to entertain and perform and enjoy the moment…
only exeptions are some big names with stage crews and huge settings, while even there, like a liam howlett, who also can’t be a real prodigy without at least 70% of each track is someway prepped 'n prerecorded…
that’s simply the way to do it…have a solid sonic backbone, so all sourrounding showtech can perfectly relate, have some individual elements to twiddle in addition to and on top of that to make sure u make it all look and sound good/convincing…

but that’s concert business…in club business, and that’s where pretty much all four to the floor genres must head at, i recently started to realize, it might be way more fun to just take a welll curated stick to the gig, fully loaded with ur shit only and play the hell out of that gear that’s already set up there anyways…
instead of traveling with all sorts of live rigs, deal with sound checks, deal with various set ups and what not…

end of the day, it’s all about that feeling, how ur bombing the room and how ur able to control that magic moment everybody is enjoying…
so let’s never forget, yeah it’s an artform…but it’s also and ALLWAYS showbiz/entertainment…

2 Likes

I’ve had a good listen to both, very impressive stuff.

My dislike for all things psytrance/tribal/bad matrix Zion rave scene is well known and I won’t lie, I was a bit worried it was going to go that way at first.

I like the kick in both tracks, just the right amount of knock and not zappy. Personal taste wise I’d probably drive/compress it a tiny bit more to get that little bit more punch. I don’t think it matters on a big system, as the kick will sound huge as it is in that sort of environment, just a personal taste thing.

I like that you haven’t cluttered things up with unnecessary melodic bullshit and you’ve managed the low end well.

Overall you’ve achieved a very professional, punchy sound. There’s plenty of space in the mix and you’ve managed to maintain a good balance between grit and dynamics, which is much harder than it sounds. Also, pulling off two 10 minute tracks like this without getting boring or fatiguing is a real achievement.

I can’t really think of anything to criticise, as you’ve definitely hit your brief for big room bangers. Fair play.

5 Likes

This might sound counterintuitive, but I think your tracks will bang harder if you drop the BPM just a tad, maybe 3 or 4 bpm lower.

Nice selection of sounds, well put together. Doesnt sound like your generic festival crap (I’ve suffered way to much of that) I reckon it would sound killer on a big system.

As for taking your Perksons out vs DJ ing your own stuff, I dunno, do what makes you happier.

2 Likes

Some reeloy nice points pal.
Everyone has got their own path. Thank you sharing where you are at.

Life is a wonderful place when I’ve got the mic in my hand and a crowd of people to entertain. BLAM! It’s showtime! I love it and always have done. There’s a feeling and an emotion that everyone shares so I can’t even lie. It is euphoric. I’ve DJ’d and danced more than the crowd. I’m in the crowd and I dance more than the DJ. The first album I ever made I danced the whole way through it and it was all live. A live performance with the RYTM being ran through effects and into a playable mixer. It took a lot of practice to dance the whole way through. Never played to a crowd with an instrument. Only DJ’d and MC’d.
One of my dreams is to be a host like Bruce Buffer. The electricity that he generates is awe inspiring. But I digress… lol

Love your constant and unfiltered stream btw. I know we’d have a damn good chat if we ever met in person.

Thanks again for your replies!

2 Likes

Oh wowowowowow! You’re raising my brows!

This made me feel quite scared by your words because
I put my soul on the line with these two records. They are the most ‘true’ reflection and expression of me that I’ve ever musically made. And you are not one to beat around the bush and you loves your techno, mind!

But I need honesty so I don’t mind making myself vulnerable by asking directly for reactions.

Thank you sooo much for listening and then giving your opinions. Thank you for your support on Bandcamp also. It really means a lot to me.

4 Likes

Believe me, I was looking for something to criticise.

But I’ll always support music that I feel someone has put their heart and soul into. That’s what makes it good.

5 Likes