Hiphop made with the Analog Rytm

Dope. I love the simplicity of that setup. I have never owned an SP and even though I’m mainly ITB these days, part of me wants to pick up a used SP-404 for simple beatmaking on the couch or remixes of projects I make on the computer.

It’s also strange, but I miss the little Boss Micro BR-80 recorder I used for my Digitakt projects. It’s so not designed for electronic music and has loads of features I never used, but the mixes sounded great with almost no tweaking and it’s so tiny. Mixing on the DAW is complex and time consuming process. With the BR-80, it was literally just a matter of making sure the levels were good and making a few tweaks to the mastering algorithm, but mostly a 10 to 15 minute process for recording, mixing, mastering.

3 Likes

New one!

12 Likes

For some reason when working with the sp404 (I always use the resample method) I kind of get into a zen-mode where I forget what I’m doing, and make music purely on intuition, it’s hard to explain.

Its a machine thats not suited for making ‘serious’ music, or producing something you planned, because it will always end up like something completely different, in a good or a bad way. Its kind of the anti-digitakt in a way, in that you cant finetune anything. Both are awesome in their own way though.

4 Likes

Love your beats! Very good job :boom:

1 Like

Cool beat I love this one.

1 Like

Strong RZA vibes from that one. Lovely :heart:

1 Like

nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love your beats, really nice vibe, really nice sound. And doing all that with an AR, great advertisement for Elektron. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks guys! I feel the DT and AR are kind of hidden gems for hiphop production, I hope more people get on board!

2 Likes

AR2 seems to me (apart from the pads maybe) ideal for hip hop / boom bap. Easy fast sampling & resampling, analogue filters, saturation/drive/comp etc.

Nice work. :thup:

1 Like

Here in Holland the government just announced a curfew, so I guess I’ll be making beats every night the coming weeks :smiley:

9 Likes

This track I played with Analog Rythm MK1, Analog Four MK2, Novation Bass Station II and the Arturia Microfreak.

7 Likes

Dope! A bit of just blaze vibes, but more synth-y sounding.

This time I started messing with the dual vco’s to make synthy lead sounds over this lofi instrumental. Works well, though the tracking is off sometimes.

5 Likes

Heerlijke beat :wink: Great work mate.

Dankjewel haha!

1 Like

Amsterdam is currently in a snowstorm, so I decided to spend the day inside making beats:

6 Likes

For Dilla month I made this ode to J dilla on the AR:

5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyPAZQT-ck8

some (mostly) rytm beats blended from a few years back

1 Like

Sounds dope! Really like your drums/percussion sounds, they sound very deep.

1 Like