Hip hop made with the Digitakt

Lovely stuff!

1 Like

Resampled my modular rig into this modbap beat

1 Like

This was an experiment, but I think I finally found a workflow that I like. I chopped the sample on an SP-404sx and sequenced that and the drums on the Digitakt. I have the 404 audio going into the digitakt and record that and the digitakt audio into ableton via overbridge. Then I just jam out the beat for a while and then edit out my mistakes lol! I do a little EQ on the tracks and then some EQ and compression on the master.

3 Likes

Nice Vibe!!

Very nice beat. Chill vibe.
If, for somes reasons, you can’t use your SP404SX but you want keep this workflow, there is a workaround I use sometime on the DT.
Go to another pattern and copy your track where you sampled your melodies.
Copy this track to every track.
Adjust start point for every track.
Play like a SP303 (8 pads instead of 12, but it’s more than enought)
Resample internaly
Bring back your chopped melodie to your first pattern.

1 Like

check this!

Beats (in watercolors)

3 Likes

Hello,
New beat here. I put half of feet into beatmaking and selling beats online. Here is my first beat I made exclusively for selling. I made it for 2 verses. Available as MP3, WAV and Tracked Out (thanks Overbridge and multi track out ^^)

I changed my nickname to have only “quality beats” associated to it. Also I don’t want using this “Red Is Dead” avatar that is certainly under copyright. So here is a picture of my RIP rabbit Croustiflette. Croustizdead sounded nice nickname :slight_smile:

After talking with some friends, I realised too many people already know me as Blaize is Dead, so I keep this soundcloud, and it will be fun to listen my old beats to see my progression.

Hope you enjoy.

7 Likes

Takt N Heat purple Haze

Had fun making this. Love the heat

2 Likes

Welcome @Cembolic

Thanks for sharing your beat. Hope we will listen more from you in the future :slight_smile:

Hello,
I made this beat quickly, was satisfyied so I recorded first take.

Thanks to @boboter (Jogging House) for his amazing sound pack Reel Feels (Reel Feels - A sound pack by Jogging House)

The bass and the pad are coming from this pack. Love it :slight_smile:

Hope you enjoy.

9 Likes

That is really cool. Super nice to hear my sounds used in a vibin beat. Thanks for sharing it!

2 Likes

Out for Bandcamp Friday

Two strange little beat-tape/sets of instrumental experimental hiphop and triphop.
Made solely with Digitakt, record on Zoom H6.
34 min runtime

Feel free to drop zero in the pay field to cop this (or any of my releases), and if you have spare cash at the end of the day, donate instead to a bail fund.
Be Safe. Much Love.

1 Like

Just me and my digitakt :v:t5:

Sometimes the process becomes clear only after seeing it from a distance

Made on the Digitakt

1 Like

Like the old school feel

Nice ass track Blaize

1 Like

Nice to hear how the Digitakt can Sample

It has a unique sound that lends itself to making Hip Hop beats

Nice Work as usual Blaize

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Sometime I tell myself it’s not serious to make hip hop beat on Digitakt, nobody do this, they use MPC or Ableton or Logic… But everytime I try to make beat on DAW, I end up by throwing shit and come back to DT ^^
Now I’m sure I’m a DT guy. I love his sound and his workflow.

2 Likes

I’ve used MPC’s (1000), Logic and MachineDrum

The Digitakt is has been my favorite

Easy to use and offers a nice sound sculpting parameters

And it really does have a unique sonic character

Will try to get an OT but will still use the DT with it

1 Like

I thinked about getting an OT, but finally I don’t want to spend more time to learn something complex. But I think if you have times, DT + OT can beat every MPCs

1 Like