Hip-Hop Beat Battle #19 Loosely rock themed

mine is a four bar loop that sounds like rock but not much else. not struggling on this one, but i definitely haven’t made the time to make something worth submitting yet.

2 Likes

I’d try lowering the volume on the drums and chopping what you have up. Treat it like another sample.

2 Likes

haha… yeah, that’s what i ended up doing, and the beat came out WACK.

will see how it goes.

1 Like

That’s just, like your opinion man

3 Likes

Wickity wack,
PBJ in the sack,
I told my old man,
Rock n’ roll is the Mac
Daddy in the house,
Get the drum kit out,
We gonna make $#!t,
That rocks yo socks down the spout.

And no, I don’t rap in a regular basis :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Started at least 4 different projects that were going nowhere… so far this current beat in the works is only drums and bass samples and there is only one track left on OT that is giving my brain a headache on what should go over it :sweat_smile: Let’s go man we got this! :muscle:

5 Likes

Just had a listen through of the tracks on offer. There is seriously enough material here to do a whole album. The tyranny of choice people. :sigh:

3 Likes

I love that song! That album actually, is one of my all-time favorite rap records. So psychedelic! So rare! So cool to know we both dig that gem.

1 Like

I know that feeling, though I do now have 2 patterns on the DT that sound way more rock than hip-hop… I think it’s using “rock” guitar samples just seems to dominate the vibe. Will keep going, and will get there I’m sure. Eventually…

2 Likes

I finished mine before all the submissions for samples were in, but haven’t listened to it for over a week so hopefully I’ll still like it when I listen with fresh ears

3 Likes

I was pretty happy with the way my beat turned out and decided to submit it instead of overly finetuning the mix these next couple of days. Can’t wait to hear what everyone made!

2 Likes

That’s good :slightly_smiling_face:

There was one thing annoying me with mine.
I have two samples playing together at one point, neither have a click/pop sound when they reach the end of their loop point and start again when played individually, but when played together they do. So I’ve no idea why that is

2 Likes

I have something, hope I can mix it properly till deadline

2 Likes

Breaking bad episode “fly” comes to mind. Watch out.

3 Likes

Haha I’ve never watched BB let alone that episode but I have just googled it and that’s about right if I get the metaphor :joy:

2 Likes

I think I mentioned it many battles it ago but I like to equate the annoyance of the clicks and pops with the dent in father teds car and how it turns out if I keep trying to mess with it

5 Likes

That’s perfect!

2 Likes

Hahaha great video.

I think the best thing to do is to accept and respect the click for what it is, and make the click feel valued for the way it makes your entire track ‘click’ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Was doing some research/transcription to prep for this battle, and I swear I found a song that just… left a click track in during one of the solos. And I didn’t notice until years after I first heard it

Edit: what I’m trying to get at is it may not be as noticeable as you think?

1 Like

Yeah I think you could be right I was listening on headphones on loud volume at the time so nobody would probably notice.

I think you notice all sorts of flaws in your own mix that nobody else does

1 Like