Higher price for A4

@spikysimon FOr those reasons I chose the OTmk2 over mk1

Whereas I went with the ARmk1 since the workflow and sound are prwtty much the same as mk2 (excluding sampling)

To be honest, mk2 has a better sound, however I achieve a lot of the ā€˜beefing out the soundā€™ through post production. Mk1 and Trash 2 sounds amazing.

2 Likes

For which reasons? Except for a few extra menu buttons and better inputs, is there a difference in performance or sound between OT mk1 and mk2?

1 Like

@ Peter klang Yes, extra buttons, new square buttons and new, more sensitive encoders, better display, warranty. The upgraded inputs are a bonus.

All of these are luxuries I am sure one can do without, but since I had the money available at the time I am glad I indulged a bit with the mk2

1 Like

Ok :slight_smile: I though you were referring to a performance difference I was not knowing aboutā€¦
I replaced the mk2 for an mk1, but still didnā€™t sell the mk2.

Got a new A4 mk1 in January 2015 (1100ā‚¬), added later a used Moog Minitaur (300ā‚¬) driven by A4 CV track.
Massive combo for a bit less than the new A4 mk2.
Highly adviced. Just missing the quick performance knob and the separate output (fallback with Overbridge if needed).

2 Likes

In France you can find A4 MKI between 500 and 600ā‚¬. Sometimes Iā€™m thinking about a 2nd oneā€¦if I didnā€™t want more a Digitone and many other things !

Could you elaborate? (Maybe in another topic :content:)

1 Like

This is a question that surely was asked beforeā€¦ but does the A4mk2 have any increased ability regarding USB/Overbridge like the ARmk2 does?

more bandwidth, same as AR mk2šŸ‘šŸ¼

1 Like

Yes, although the AF has fewer tracks than the AR so the MkI bandwidth limit may not be so problematic for many users.

Check the full details in the Overbridge user manual (ā€œLimitations for older devicesā€).

3 Likes

Iā€™ll answer quickly as I donā€™t think I need another topic for this :slight_smile: it was about the OT though. I was reacting to christal_math who said something about better performance on the mk2. I swapped my OT mk2 for the mk1 because I donā€™t use the inputs, and live I only use the mix button, which exists on the mk1 :slight_smile: and I think the mk2 looks like a Christmas tree and that bothers me in a dark environmentā€¦ especially the running sequencer with the backlit tri buttons!

withdrawn. tx!

Got to keep that pimp hand strong! I am gonna buy one when I pay this Octa off! LOL

My initial question remains unanswered thoughā€¦ did Elektron just increase the price for the A4?