Higher price for A4

Elektron has rised the price in there online shop for the A4 from € 1099,- up to € 1289,-. :confused:
The other prodducts have the old prices yet.

Quoted from this thread: http://test.http://www.elektronauts.com/t/us-prices-really-did-go-up-at-elektron-shop/710

Perhaps there is a substantial A4 features software upgrade on the way soon to match with the increased price…

Perhaps…

1 Like

Christmas business ahead…?

Poly mode would justify the hike!

Other than that I can’t see what would justify it.

Inflation? More expensive parts? More expensive labour?

duh, then the A4 is again a little further away for me … wtf … :confused:

Although I can imagine a few scenarios where a machines pricing needs to rise I do think that the A4’s price raise is a bit extreme…200USD more compared to the original price!!

:joy:

If they all went up by same price then inflation would make sense, but the A4 went up by much more than the others.

Inflation. It happens. Pretty much everywhere. Everything gets more expensive in time.
And lets face it, in the A4’s case, it was cheaper than many had expected it to when launched. So it’s still a pretty good deal in my book. It just happens that some of us got it for a better deal :wink:

But while im here… At least one European dealer still has them listed for the old/lower price (at time of writing)
Check Thomann if interested.

That’s got to suck for all those who held out to see if they could get a better price in another September sale, now they get to pay the price difference in reverse.

The A4’s original pricing did seem very low, for what you get, maybe that was just an unannounced introductory offer.

that’s crazy. i got mine brand new for $1040 USD.

What Luap said.

Now is a good time to buy, while stores still have old price units in stock.

The Christmas sale price will be the old price.

As far as I’m aware they have been working on poly mode all along? I think (hope) that’s coming. Clock division per track is probably my number one wish tho.

Pleased A4 is suddenly worth more though. Rather than less as usually happens with gear… :slight_smile:

If you recall, the entry price of the A4 was lower than the other machines excluding the non UW+ MD. Perhaps the price rise of the A4 is to align the A4 with the other machines. Remember the A4 is the most advanced machine Elektron have released to date and personally I think it was very generous of Elektron to enter the A4 on the market at that lower price. Now that sales have slowed a little the price needs to reflect it’s true place with the other machines. And at the end of the day Elektron is a business and to keep in business Elektron need to do what they need to do.

1 Like

If you recall, the entry price of the A4 was lower than the other machines excluding the non UW+ MD. Perhaps the price rise of the A4 is to align the A4 with the other machines. Remember the A4 is the most advanced machine Elektron have released to date and personally I think it was very generous of Elektron to enter the A4 on the market at that lower price. Now that sales have slowed a little the price needs to reflect it’s true place with the other machines. And at the end of the day Elektron is a business and to keep in business Elektron need to do what they need to do. [/quote]
I agree that the A4 was a great value at the original price, and still is after the new price, but in some ways the OT seems like the most advanced machine Elektron have produced. I guess it’s a tie, in the sense that the A4 was Elektron’s first analog machine, so more complex due to that.

The A4 has increased a fair bit more than the others. Maybe some hardware changes/improvements too? Is it possible to keep track of less official changes/upgrades to hardware? Or would Elektron keep this a secret?

:confused:

1 Like