High profile OT users?

80+ articles? which ones use Octatrack?

Matthew Dear (Audion)

80+ articles? which ones use Octatrack?[/quote]

If you want a full count, you have a lot of reading ahead of you. :alien:

I can’t remember which ones - there’s just too many.

Mogwai was the latest one I read about, only because that was one of the latest Talks.

You’ll probably need a spreadsheet to keep track of them all. Google has a free one.

There’s a difference between having one in a studio tour and talking about one in an interview and using one in practice on an album or live. I think it’s a valid question. I also look very carefully at how they’re being used by actual touring musicians (beyond our dear Dataline). FWIW I see OT’s more and more on stage, mostly playing loops and keeping it simple.

Some of the things that make the OT special for jamming also make it problematic for live use. Without going into them one by one; I watch touring musicians very carefully to pick up tricks, but for the time being, I love my OT but I’m not taking it to gigs.

I’ve played several live shows with Octatrack.

But that’s not what the OP cares about, especially because I’m not high-profile.

2 Likes

Dapayk Solo
MGMT (Believe it or not) @ 5.00 you see it and thereafter, at 6 min or so, you see one of them messing around with the xfader.

1 Like

that’s some of the uh, ‘research’ that you’ll have to do all by yourself… but a quick way to rule out some of them is see when the OT was released and any articles before that date probably don’t mention the OT.

1 Like

that’s some of the uh, ‘research’ that you’ll have to do all by yourself… but a quick way to rule out some of them is see when the OT was released and any articles before that date probably don’t mention the OT. [/quote]
:wink: google search “octatrack site:www.elektronauts.com/talk”

2 Likes

Well spotted!

They did a tour in 2013 and re-released Give Up with 15 bonus tracks so it’s possible the Octatrack may have been involved.

They did a tour in 2013 and re-released Give Up with 15 bonus tracks so it’s possible the Octatrack may have been involved.[/quote]
jimmy tamborello aka dntel is a fan of the elektron. but i have never read anything about the OT. only MM, MD & AR. see links below.

http://www.elektronauts.com/talk/view/56

1 Like

Andy Stott did last time I seen him play in Manchester.

They did a tour in 2013 and re-released Give Up with 15 bonus tracks so it’s possible the Octatrack may have been involved.[/quote]
jimmy tamborello aka dntel is a fan of the elektron. but i have never read anything about the OT. only MM, MD & AR. see links below.

I know who Jimmy Tamborello is and saw both of those as they hit the Internet and I think the same would be true of most people here, that’s a little insulting. I just said “it’s possible” because it is.

Stimming

1 Like

Richard Devine

4 Likes

I know who Jimmy Tamborello is and saw both of those as they hit the Internet and I think the same would be true of most people here, that’s a little insulting. I just said “it’s possible” because it is.[/quote]
definitely feel insulted. internets for the WIN! :zonked:

A good one with two OT

1 Like

The Haxan Cloak. Youtube comments have a list of all 4 pieces of gear he used.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You can spot OT and many many more hardware in this track from Deep Forest:

1 Like