High Noise on Analog RYTM

I can see something like 60db noise level, is my device behaving special ? Or is this normal ? Its not a problem when it plays, but i think its strange, that it seems so loud. I did not expierience a similar problem when running via my soundcard.

(Its USB /Overbridge VST)

What is the measurement when using your sound card? and which sound card?

i have similar measurements (but only with processing on the tracks) .the rytm has a bad signal to noise ratio . maybe this depends on the analog circuit,the shitty a-d converter and amp inside the machine . is in your scenario any processing on it …like a compressor or a lot of distortion ? dynamic processing pumps up the noise . i use a gate on drums to fix this noise shit

analog out ( sound card rme fireface uc )

overbridge

I would not agree on shitty AD converters and amps but of-cource there are a lot of things in a setup that can create this noise when using audio over USB. I do not experience this noise as Sternenlicht does and from what it looks like you do not experience this as well. I think we need to know more about the OPs setup to isolate the issue here.

Regarding the SNR on the Rytm in general this is due to that there are 8 actual analog voices mixed as well as noise from the analog compressor and the two external inputs. 12 analog channels in total + 2 digital from the FX return.

A good way to lower noise on tracks not used, is to use the AMP envelope and give it a decay instead of it set to infinite that it is set to by default. This to close the VCAs.

3 Likes

As a test double tap Stop on the AR when it seems noisy. That shuts him up if it’s really some track still going.

Hi guys,
i solved the problem…that noise is due to the compressor and and the decay!
You have to pay attention to default values because are often too strong and when the compressor meets the “infinite” AMP decay you will always hear that noise.

2 Likes

I don’t want to bump an ancient thread needlessly but this is a great solution that solved the noise floor problem on my RYTM mk1. And it will more likely come up in other people’s searches.

1 Like

Actually i never tried the solution, but i will- when i put it on the table again, thanks for pointing it out.