Hi, im ylva and im making a youtube album using mainly elektron boxes

been listening to this one few times now…really like the second half of it, nicely done :gloves: :smiley:

1 Like

Please don’t go :cry:

1 Like

Is it possible to sequence your glove light show via Octatrack too? Also, have you considered the horrific beauty of atomic explosions for your gloves? Think smoking palm trees and atomic blast sunsets, the weird sparky Swiss cheese looking bubble of a hydrogen bomb exploding would look dope on your hands… also the symbolism of all that power in your hands… just some thoughts. And I eagerly await your triumphant return…

1 Like

I fired off that last response without having watched your final video. Pun intended. Awesome as always…

1 Like

Great vibe going on here!!

1 Like

How did I miss this from nearly a month ago. Genuinely one of my favourite OT tunes I’ve heard. Very much in line with my musical tastes. Would love to hit these heights some day! Bravo.

3 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:

Some artwork for your album, ylva

2 Likes

does the audio tracks (the sequences) on the OT send midi out?

@ylva IMO you should release your 9 tracks on bandcamp (unless you have solid reason for not doing so, e.g. publishing them as an album on a label).
I really dig your tracks, especially “the ballad of the lonesome influencer ” and would really appreciate being able to buy you a beer or two :beers:

4 Likes

thank you @LyingDalai , the support of the forum members around here is pretty amazing and means alot, for real! we live in harsh times, and this kindness of strangers is pretty f****n vital.
atm i dont really feel like putting this music on platforms other than youtube, i have a lot of appreciation for the democratisation of the music industry and i think that this is a great thing and i do think that platforms like bandcamp are super important, but right now i cant see myself selling this digitally, not sure why but these things feels less “lost in the digital abyss” when they are available for everyone, in one place. i do have a 12" coming later on this year (with music which is not yet on youtube).

edit:

also everyone is encouraged to download the stuff from youtube if they feel like!

11 Likes

respect and smart, good sir

1 Like

I do not know for sure as I don’t have an Octatrack and I haven’t read the manual.

I love that you don’t want them for sale and would rather have them free… You rock…
Free music for the people. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seriously excellent stuff here! Don’t spend too much time away!

1 Like

So dope. Love the Leonard Cohen bit.

1 Like

curtesy of @mightlife

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11p-5_3yyFOWigm2B7FtoHHzh29Q8PoEP?usp=sharing

6 Likes

have played The Lonesome Influencer a lot. So good. Reminds me of the bits of Slow Magic that I love most. Vocal slices are lovely, and that synth sound you coax out the Digitone around the 2 min mark is :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

just passing by to say hi
sup everybody

4 Likes

Hi!

1 Like