Hi, im ylva and im making a youtube album using mainly elektron boxes

More wonders! Super inspiring, gorgeous music

1 Like

Nice man! Love the krautrock vibes on Pendulum Heights

1 Like

just updating this thread with a demo video of “We’ve Met Before” which is included with the release :heart:

7 Likes

The music stands alone, amazing work.

But kaleidoscopic cheetah is next level.

1 Like

Are you doing this full time?
I am so impressed

1 Like

thank you! currently its rather doing me than me it <3

3 Likes

The era is brilliant, one of my favourites so far. Who are the people in Marked by a Memory? is there a story behind this? Thank you so much for continuing the journey of your supreme creativity.

2 Likes

@Cosmic thank you very much :black_heart:
this is the story of a man marked by an image

3 Likes

@ylva I truly love era of imperfect memory! After listening I went on a bit of Ylva binge and I must say that I’m truly grateful for both what you’re posting but also how you’re posting it
 it’s is truly inspiring

Especially the way you use vocals!

Ever since I got into making electronic music I wanted to inplement my vocalist background into my music but I keep reaching these weird mental blocks both on the vocal side of things and on the hardware side of things
 how do you go about vocals in songs like the era? Is it played from Octatrack or from something else? How are vocal tracks such as that set up?
Would love to hear your process if you don’t mind!

4 Likes

@MichaalHell thank you very much for listening and for the kind words, its a bit of a broader topic so short answer is that some of the vocals were prepared in a daw and then played from the octatrack (for example in “the era”) and some were processed directly in the OT (parts of “marked by a memory”), i promise ill get back to that when time is on my side and give you a proper answer <3

speaking of time, “timeless” was actually the first 12” i ever bought, didn’t really know what it was back then, i just loved the cover. guess i was really lucky cause i remember the first time i listened to it and how a completely new multiverse of sound and atmosphere has opened up on me

13 Likes

“Timeless” is, indeed, timeless :slight_smile:

1 Like

Talking about timeless, currently listening and thoroughly enjoying extended play 2 from July 2019. Absolutely amazing!

Besides being timeless one of the things that makes your music so cool to me is how it can fit so many different moods. Like being melancholy and uplifting all at once.

4 Likes

Very nicely put, I totally agree.

3 Likes

thank you both @korpinen and @LyingDalai <3

2 Likes

Hey that’s the inverse of how I make my videos! :smiley:
Tune is beautifully haunting and visuals are on point. Cheers!

1 Like

thank you everyone for another year of incredible support. im sorry that im not really too available / around nowadays. i wish you all super relaxed and healthy upcoming year and please accept this humble offering.
xx

y

11 Likes

Took the last one! Thank you so much! Have a splendid time with your loved ones :slight_smile:

XXX

2 Likes

Thank YOU ylva, for all of the incredible music. You’ve been really prolific and a break seems well deserved. Can’t wait to hear what magic you will bring next though. Be well!

1 Like

Ylva, as my favourite Elektron wizard artist, thank you for the perfect! music, inspiration and Merry Christmas.

1 Like

:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

7 Likes