Hermod+ & Hermod, Eurorack sequencers from Squarp Instruments

I love it. I sold it as I sold my Euro but then just bought another skiff and a bunch of modules and even though I have a Mutant Hex that works great with my Digitakt, I really really liked the Hermod + when I had it for those few weeks…will get one again for sure…it’s very nice IMO

(as above, I got many months ago… as I helped beta test it before release)

Just like the original Hermod it works very well as a midi -> cv and also cv-> midi interface.

best thing is it as good io - usb host, usb device and midi trs ( din on OG), so easy to connect… and can also act as a kind of ‘hub’. (has midi tracks and also ability to midi thru)

as I mentioned previously, with the OG Hermod,
I mostly used it just for midi->cv, as I didnt find programming sequences on it very ‘comfortable’.
(though this has changed with the Hermod+ - due to better pads/displays)

so yeah, program via your DAW of choice directly with a usb connection… or use an external sequencer, both work well.

something that can be fun is sequencing externally (e.g. Live) and then using FX slots on the hermod, which can be modulated by cv from your rack.

(and, if you want it in sync, you can of course, take the sync via midi from Live, and give it to the rest of your tack

so yeah, it does what it says on the tin :slight_smile:

of course, if you are only using for midi->cv.

the OG hermod might work just as well… if you dont mind display for setup.
also both OG and H+ are limited to the 8 cv/gate…
if you need more, something like Expert Sleepers may be better.

the H+ comes more into its own, when you want to be a bit more hands-on…

1 Like

Thanks, that answers it then. Yeah for my main rack I have an ES-9 for mainly audio recording but also for some control from Ableton. My main sequencer there is the NerdSeq though.

But for this smaller rack that is near three semi Modular’s I would mainly want to use the Hermod+ as a standalone unit but having the option to sequence through ableton is what I’d like as well and it sounds like it does that just fine.

This is also where my Hapax used to be and send information to but I was getting mental bandwidth issues with ableton and Hapax together and still needing more CV outs so this should work better with my setup from a size and use case perspective.

1 Like

I am trying to power a Beatstep Pro from the Hermod, it works fine but the Beatstep just don’t send any MIDI through USB host, only through MIDI din.

What might be the problem here?

Can the Hermod+ be used as a CV quantizer like the Shakmat Bard Quartet f.ex?

Probably yes by applying the Scale Effect on a track that has CV input connected to CV out in the mod matrix. But then again probably not as feature loaded as the Shakmat Bard Quartet.

What are best practices for managing your sequences on the Hermod plus? Since we are not able to name them what do you do to don’t get them mixed up during a performance?

new 1.10 Hermod+ firmware with note / mod keyboard mode! very cool update.

1 Like

Delayed reply, but yes. It’s not as powerful as the Bard (no custom scales for example) but you can send the same CV that is being quantized to multiple tracks (up to 8) and each can process the incoming CV slightly differently (transpose/chance/euclid etc.) and also be influenced by a global transpose offset.

In that regards, it’s more powerful than the Bard.