Help with Upgrading the Firmware

Hi there, this is my first post. I want to upgrade an Machinedrum Mk2 to the new unofficial firmware X05. I have an Mac (running 11.6), and downloaded Transfer by Elektron. I have connected the Machinedrum with an USB Midi Interface which I have selected in Transfer (the Interface I mean). But transfer does not connect to the Machinedrum which is in boot venue - >“Midi Upgrade”, displaying “ready to receive midi upgrade”. Nothing. Can anyone help?

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/machinedrum-sps1-uw-x-05-released-unofficial/

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Transfer won’t work. You need to use C6 or something similar.

Kind regards

Thomas

Sysex librarian did the trick! Thank you!

1 Like

Is this firmware update still possible/available? The link does not work anymore, and I cannot find it on this forum.

Just go to the Machinedrum topic, and it’s like the 5th thread from the top.

Thank you, I feel stupid, but I did miss how the topics work on this forum…

About the USB to MIDI interface that is needed for this: is this simply a usb to midi cable, like here or do I need some sort of hardware in between? (I am completely new to using MIDI, so I just want to be sure I am not buying the wrong thing).

I was thinking the same thing. Is a Behringer UMC204, a Presonus Audiobox or an Arturia Minifuse able to transmit a Sysex upgrade?

I’ve tried the Behringer UMC and a third party tool that is MIDI to USB using both C6 and SysEx Librarian in both midi send mode and update mode using func + power and neither works. Tried every combo of in/out, cable, etc. Has to be something I am doing wrong and, for the life of me, just can’t recall how I finally got x.06 on there despite some initial difficulties.

Any recommendations? is there a menu that does this outside of the func + power menus? I feel like there is but I may be wrong. I

'll swap out cables again and see how it goes.