Help with regards to DN .dnsnd files

I also picked up a Digitone as my first synth with no previous experience what so ever in 2018. Your doing better than me as I still have no clue how any of it works. Turn knobs till I like what plays! It’s an awesome piece of hardware, congrats and enjoy!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t have been offended, it’s just a wee joke. People are far too sensitive these days.

It was just a joke.

You’re not getting the point :). It’s okay. And also welcome to the forum.

The best way to ensure your jokes land well here is to also be helpful. It’s worth reading up in the expected forum etiquette.

2 Likes

Seeing as my comment also wasn’t the kindest, I feel @DaveMech makes a point in regards to pointing out that we can also be helpful when we make a joke.

That said, I am baffled by some questions I see. Mainly cause I project my own learning experience. Did not mean to be a rude boy, sorry!

2 Likes

Lately I came to the conclusion that at the age of the early trinity, the Elektron machines were really hard to learn.
So the community was really helpful, which I am forever grateful of. A spirit worth keeping.

Maybe with more recent effective UX we don’t see that many questions arise, or they seem really simple. It doesn’t mean we, as a community, shouldn’t help newcomers, of course.

Now it’s right that the timing could very mean the question was a joke. I had doubts myself, but chose to help nonetheless.
But I think that even a bit rude, @Damweb’s early reaction was kind of a joke itself.
Let’s just not turn this whole conversation on the “we can’t have a joke these days”. Jokes are also a mean for repression, they are not always good nor the intention easy to read on internet.

I’d say let’s drop this side of the discussion and let’s explain as clear as possible the difference between direct audio/samples and a patch/parameter set that makes it possible to create sound with a synth.

4 Likes

Fair enough. You should close this thread after your first answer as it sums up everything the opening poster will need. Job done.

1 Like

The job is done when the original poster clearly understand the answer, not sure this is really over yet ^^

And yes, @Mayamara, welcome in this little corner of internet and don’t hesitate to post silly questions. We’ve all been here.

4 Likes

April 1st was yesterday!

2 Likes

A little bit related, with the Synplant VST you can create synthesizer patches which are machine learned from samples:

Not possible with the DN of course but who knows: A new Elektron box which can do this in the future?

1 Like

Welcome, @Mayamara!

Seems like you got some good answers here — if you’re still looking for more sounds to add to your Digitone, there’s a free pack on the Elektron site (Uncanny Valley), and @OscillatorSink has a couple of free sound packs as well that are great (Drums and Percussion, Lo-Fi and Chill). If you don’t mind paying for some sounds, this pack DigiTales is outstanding.

5 Likes