Help with parts

I recently purchased all 3 e25 boxes. So shiny ! Turns out this is a problem for my old ass eyes :eyes:.
Submitted a ticket on April 11th 2024 stating I want to purchase standard faceplates. Left a voicemail on same day with sales. Received a confirmation email.
This should be so easy. But not a peep .
This seems like a simple problem to solve.
Can anyone help?

Hey, when you say you received a confirmation email are you talking about the automatically generated system message that confirms your ticket has been submitted or did you place an order and then not hear back from them? Usually if you have a pending order, you can check that within your account on the Elektron website where you have to approve it and then it gets added to your cart for you to complete purchase. Generally if you’ve gotten that far, that means you’ve actually spoken with a rep and they explain this part so I’m assuming it’s just that no one got back to you or you haven’t spoken to anyone yet.

There have been a few recent posts about long wait times on service or follow up, but I don’t know how that specifically impacts sales requests. I’m pretty sure your specific request shouldn’t be an issue to approve but there may not be a lot of manpower at Elektron right now to field all the tickets, that’s about all that I can think of.

Have you considered getting vinyl skins instead of faceplates? Styleflip and various other vendors carry them. It would probably cost you less and you may get them sooner. If you prefer the standard black faceplates, unfortunately you may be stuck playing the waiting game.

Im still waiting on a ticket raised in october 2023.
Sent another email in march 2024.
Still no response.
Ive given up on them.

I hope you get your ticket sorted.

It was the auto generated response to support ticket.

I looked at some skins but decided on faceplates . I have the octatrack mk2 and can read that pretty well.

I may contact sweetwater and see if they can light a fire under someone’s ass

I’m assuming you’re just outside of Sweetwater’s exchange window too. Well, they harass us enough, maybe it’s time you give them a taste of the 'ol syrup.

Frankly, anytime I want to buy something from Elektron I always try and backdoor on my prior communications to see if it gets a response, so if you’ve for example had a service ticket in the past, I would try and reply to that and just state your business. This has been successful for me but then again I haven’t tried to buy any parts for about a year now so I only know what I’ve heard from various members of this forum, that being currently major delays in service and response.

Yes, I agree, black with the light print is easy to read under most lighting. Silver looks sharp, the e25’s are very cool little boxes but if you aren’t super familiar with all the functions listed on the overlay that print on silver would be a bit of a struggle under direct lighting, maybe under indirect lighting. Not sure because I’ve not tried them in person but I’m rapidly aging so I can imagine.

There was another guy who was making actual custom faceplates for digi-type boxes, but I seem to think that they were plastic and (I don’t know if you’ve had the face off of your machine before) I think that instead of the metal posts that secure the face to the control board PCB they just use screws which go through the face itself and looks a little cluttered. I’ll see if I can dig up the link though so you can take a peek.

Edit: Actually, it appears he’s discontinued the production of faceplates so I’m not certain there’s any way you can get one outside of Elektron care, unless you do a swap with someone or find one on (for example) Reverb. They do pop up from time to time, but rarely.

Yeah if I’m in direct light and squared up with the units I’m fine but I m not always in direct light. Never had the need for a ticket before. octatrack mk2 and samples and cycles are flawless and what really got me to purchase the digitone e25. After a few hours with that I jumped on the other 2 units.
Got some new stands that may help with viewing angles but I’m a trucker and out working so it will be a bit before I can check that out. Was just hoping to order the new standard faceplates and have them there when I get home.
Should be an easy peasy process or so you would think.

1 Like

Yeah dude, it’s super easy once you actually get someone on the case. Bummer though, hopefully the stands do help, I know my stand made a huge difference in playability. The OLED screen visibility is surprisingly good even dead flat on the desk, but ease of operation is really improved with a 20 to 30 degree angle tilt, even 15 is an improvement.

I’m sure you’ll love the way they work together, but I can relate to being sensitive to that metallic glare. You don’t want to have to wear sunglasses in the studio, or at least I don’t. I’m not that cool man :smiley:

Anyways, good luck with this, hope that the stands help and you end up being able to place your order with Elektron care.