Help with Overhub and Push 2

Does anyone have any tips for getting Overhub to work with push 2. My Analog keys and sub 37 work fine through the hub and push works when plugged directly into my USB port rather than through the hub. When I plug push 2 in all I get is the ableton logo start screen. (If only my MacBook Pro had more USB ports!!!)

In my system information it says :
Usb 3.0 hub
Usb 2.0 hub
Moog Sub 37
Elektron Analog Keys
“Please use USB2.0 socket for Push 2”

I am not powering overhub but I can’t see why this would make a difference since Push 2 is powered.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hate wasting a day like this.

First (and often last) idea with problems like that: upgrade your OS, upgrade ableton, upgrade overbridge. If that does not help: unplug everything else to troubleshoot. Once my printer made my midi controller stop working.

It should work with a hub, my Push2 is connected to a hub. I have two setups with different macs and different hubs and it´s no problem. Unfortunately I can´t test it with overhub since I don´t own that one.

1 Like

No luck. Everything is up to date. Push directly to the the computer works fine. Push to overhub then the computer does not. Overhub/bridge works great for the analog keys, and the sub 37 vst also works great, but without push2, I would stick without my otb setup.

I miss my ten year old Mac Pro tower.

Strange! I was planning on getting an overhub and will check if AK, AR & Push2 works.

Is anyone successfully using Push 2 with overhub?

Dear Elektronauts, someone must have experience with overhub and push2. I have a dream of computers and step sequencers running in harmony.

1 Like

I have used it. I recommend try powering the oh. I had problems with my midi fighter with too many things plugged in.

I will order a cheap psu now. It doesn’t work for me even when push is plugged into overhub by itself which worries me since Push is powered by a wall wart.

For what it’s worth on my overhub I have used Push 2, AR and A4, the Midi Fighter seemed to push things over the edge (a psu is on my to do list also)

Okay, I am now using a PSU and still no luck with Push. I cannot take another day of plugging and unplugging things just to try and sketch out a track in Ableton. Push works fine plugged directly into my 2015 MacBook Pro.

Any ideas?