Help with OT as FX Processor

The manual isn’t making sense to me. I want to send audio from external sources (live 10 via sound card) in and out of the OT while using the OT’s effects in real time, basically like a guitar pedal. I guess I’m confused on whether or not that’s even possible without recording the incoming sound first. The manual says to have a thru machine with SRC set to the inputs you want to monitor and the DIR for those input set to 0 but when I do that I cant hear anything at all. Of course when I up the DIR the only thing I can hear is the dry signal coming into the OT.

Here’s the basic chain I want to accomplish:

Daw > OT > Daw + Monitor

Literally like a guitar going into a delay pedal and back out into an amp.

You have to play the thru track manually without running the sequencer or you have to place a trig on your thru track where you want it to allow audio in…

7 Likes

Press the track button(of your thru track) +play. This will let you here the incoming audio.
Another option is to place a trick on the first step of the thru track. And it will automatically start every time you press play. As PTSowns said…

5 Likes

So important yet so simple and so easy to miss in the manual. That’s all it was.

2 Likes