Help with Model:Samples receiving midi clock

Im trying to send midi clock from my Minilogue XD to the Model:Samples. The Minilogue midi out is sent to the MS midi in.

The current MS settings are as follows:

MIDI Sync: Clock in ON, Clock out OFF PCH In ON, PCH Out OFF

In Chan: T1=1, T2=2, T3=3, T4=4, T5=5, T6=6, FX In=7, Auto In=8, PCH In=AUT

Out Chan: Same as above

Ports: Inp from=MID, Out to= MID, OutPol STD, Out/Thru=OUT

Filter: Rcv Notes = ON, Rcv CC = ON, Encs = I+E

Does any one have any knowledge as to what the settings should be to receive clock from an external synth…or even a DAW. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for dealing with my newb question!!!

Does the minilogue have a sequencer? It probably only sends clock signals when the sequencer is running. Other than that, it looks like you have the M:S setup properly to receive midi clock.

1 Like

Yes, the Minilogue has a sequencer. I have a feeling I have not set the Minilogue settings correctly. I will say that when I run the sequencer on the Minilogue it does not seem to affect the MS. The BPM on MS doesn’t change.

In the case of the ‘standard’ (and older) Minilogue, you would have to adjust the sequencer settings (Midi-Out Channel) and then, of course, press play in order start sending the BPM via Midi data to the M:S.

2 Likes

That was all I needed to do. I had the sequencer running when I turned the MS on and that solved it! Thank you!

2 Likes

Another satisfied customer.

This is the way. (Sorry, just started watching The Mandalorian)

2 Likes