Help, sequential pattern change not working!

I don’t know what’s going on with some of my projects: As most of them work perfectly fine, my newer ones have a serious bug or probably some bad setup from my side concerning my pattern change:
I am using normal, sequential pattern change, no song or chain active. When I’m in Pattern A01 and want to change to A02, this new pattern is flashing in brackets but it is never changing to it unless I hit stop and play again. In direct mode pattern change works as it should though…

I have no idea which setting could be responsible for this behaviour.

I’m getting desperate here…

Best,
Laurentius

Press [Function] + [Page].
Under “Master”, you must set CHNG to a certain number of steps (16, 32, 64, etc.). If it says “OFF”, then it won’t change patterns until you stop the sequencer.

thank you! you just saved me a lot more headache! i wouldnt have found out about this!

Hi,

I have a similar problem in sequential mode. My kits only change along with pattern change when I assign a value to LEN (in page menu). When LEN is set to infinite my pattern number keeps blinking and in cue, but is not changing to the requested pattern at the (or any) value set in CHNG. I like patters with different loop lengths, but cannot change patterns while LEN is set to infinite. Only when i stop the sequencer.

So a workaround could be to calculate the amount of steps for a seamless loop point, set this amount in “LEN” and set a value for CHNG accordingly for it to work like I want it to. Only the manual mentions the use of step amount in CHNG specifically when LEN is set to infinite. And so this does not work. Anybody else has this problem?

Also, when pattern mode is set to “direct jump” it immediately jumps to the first step when I change a pattern, like in “direct start”. So the sequencer flow is interrupted. Is this normal behaviour?

Would appreciate some help here, tnx.

Push! Im experiencing the same problem…