HELP: OT only send correct MIDI thru when sequencer is playing?

Hello Everyone, i have a MIDI problem with my OT that I try to solve. Tried searching but could not find any answers.

I have the OT as my master clock and sequencer in my setup, I can record sequences and it sends clock and transport to everything and it all work fine and well.

BUT!

I can not play sustained notes if the OT sequencer is not running.

Example: I have the OT MIDI out connected to a thru box and from there in to my A4.
If the OT sequencer is not running and i try playing notes on my A4 I only get really short notes, like clicks. Its the same if I play notes from the actual note keys on the A4, from the OT piano roll or from a keyboard sending notes to OTs omni channel and I’m routing it to the A4 MIDI channel.

The weird thing is that if the OT sequencer is running, everything works fine and the notes played from all my various routings works as expected!

Has anyone else had similar issues? Its almost lite the OT is actively stopping all midi notes just an instance after they have played.

Here is a short video demonstrating the issue.

https://youtu.be/bjy8RC6N7HQ

Try setting a dedicated midi channel on OT that will receive midi notes. I set my channel on 11. From there i go to a thru box and send all the channels to all other machines. Have no problem.

I have a dedicated Omni Channel (8) on the OT that I send MIDI to.
Do you mean that I should have dedicated midi channels for each track?

Each midi track can have it’s own midi channel or the same if you want. I don’t really know what the issue could be. Tell me more how your setup is…

Dedicated and Omni are almost opposites in this context, like black and white

Omni means all midi channels, dedicated means 1

It’s a weird issue, but more detail on your midi setup would be required I think to understand the source of the problem

Yes you are quite correct, i guess. But my omni channel is dedicated to channel 8 :wink:

I will try to make some kind of overview of my MIDI setup, It’s some what complicated.

Do you mean Auto Channel ?

Yes, I guess. I’m not with the OT at the moment. What I mean and trying to do is essentially to use OT as a midi router. Receiving on the Auto channel and sending to the selected midi track.